SAU Community

Lambo Doors

cosmokram3r

this might be a stupid question but from all the pics i have seen of skylines with lambo doors, it seems there isn't much room for people to get in or out

p.s. carbon fiber interior looks hot

Took these pictures recently for another customer, as you can see, plenty of room to get in and out.

100_1176.jpg

100_1177.jpg

100_1173.jpg

100_1175.jpg

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

morning SAU! My set arived today from lambodoorkits :( I will be installing them this weekend if all goes to plan =D

So far im very impressed each hinge weighs in at nearly 6k so they look to be pretty durable :)

Ill let you know how it goes :)

Glad you got them Ok Chris, have fun with your new Doors. Installation really is easy, it`s only nuts and bolts. Remember to exercise the doors few times, test and adjust before putting all the components back on. Any problems give me a shout, always happy to help. 001334848469 mobile 04407795245306

This im interested in... Especially carbon fibre.. anything for the R34?

Secondly could you supply pix of the hinges for a r34. Interested in how much space they take up.

Thanks

me and a mate started my install of the lambo doors today! THEY ARE FREAKING AWSOME!

we managed to get one door on...took SOOO long though, spent like an hour trying to align it. put the car all back together to realise it was compety NOT in the same place i had aligned it :) I think i forgot to tighten the nuts after aligning it grrr

The kit is very easy to install though....IF you dont have side skirts, mine now need respraying and the doors his the skirts unless you open it a specific way....out a lil. up a bit out fully then up.

So atm i have one door on which i cna not use becuase its lined up so bad it overlaps on the back quater panel :P 2moro i will have to pull the front gaurd off again and try to realign it. Wont have a second pair of hands until next weekend though

me and a mate started my install of the lambo doors today! THEY ARE FREAKING AWSOME!

we managed to get one door on...took SOOO long though, spent like an hour trying to align it. put the car all back together to realise it was compety NOT in the same place i had aligned it :) I think i forgot to tighten the nuts after aligning it grrr

The kit is very easy to install though....IF you dont have side skirts, mine now need respraying and the doors his the skirts unless you open it a specific way....out a lil. up a bit out fully then up.

So atm i have one door on which i cna not use becuase its lined up so bad it overlaps on the back quater panel :P 2moro i will have to pull the front gaurd off again and try to realign it. Wont have a second pair of hands until next weekend though

The prep work is usually the most labour intensive with having to remove the wings to gain access, which in turn you need to remove the side skirts, front bumper and guards. Sounds like the hinges are sitting too far backwards on the adjustable slots. Did you keep the door on and locked when you fitted the hinge? This would make sure that the door was near the correct distance from the rear panel. Once you have it in the right place it might be worth putting a few tack welds round the hinge, like we have done on ours. Just illimanates it moving at all in the future. Not a neccessity but an option.

Edited by Lambodoorkits Ltd

This im interested in... Especially carbon fibre.. anything for the R34?

Secondly could you supply pix of the hinges for a r34. Interested in how much space they take up.

Thanks

R34 bits are on our list to do at the moment. Will post up when they are ready.

Here is the install guide on an R33 GTST Skyline which shows the hinges. It`s not an R34 but the hinges will be same in appearance and size.

http://www.lambodoorkits.co.uk/lambo-door-...ctions-a-1.html

Lambo-Doors-So-Played-Out.jpg

tee hee

lambodoorkits ltd... if you're gonna peddle your wares on the forum, please become a trader or your posts will be deleted.

Alloy wheels done to death

Flip paint Jobs done to death

Extreme body kits done to death

Clean look done to death

Wide arch kits Done to death

Blacked out windows done to death

Blinging everything done to death.

Need I go on?

Everything has been done to death, does that meen all of you are now going to take any of those things off your car? I doubt it!

still working on my first hinge :D realised i had not bashed the frame flat enough so there was a gap between the window and the car :) So i had to take the bracket off again which i stupidly started doing while the hydrolic shock was still attached! dumbest thing ive ever done!

I flattened the area behind the hinge more and re attached it...still got a gap but not AS big so i guess ill keep trying!

I have an R33 Four Door that im always trying to find something different to do with. I have been toying for 12 months with putting scissor doors on the front, and suicide doors on the rears .. now that would be a real head turner, just not sure how easily it could be done. Imagine it as an alternative to this ....

post-53663-1216542426_thumb.jpg

we managed to get one door on...took SOOO long though, spent like an hour trying to align it. put the car all back together to realise it was compety NOT in the same place i had aligned it :D I think i forgot to tighten the nuts after aligning it grrr

So atm i have one door on which i cna not use becuase its lined up so bad it overlaps on the back quater panel :cool: 2moro i will have to pull the front gaurd off again and try to realign it. Wont have a second pair of hands until next weekend though

Ok very very soon (about 4 weeks) i was having my car sent in for for a new spray job.... then this popped up. Lambo doors are the tits! and now i want some. I'm a little worried though if i have them installed after the car gets sprayed as i also have a kit like "chrissyo" and dont want to be paying for a new spray job only to scratch it up trying to put on the new doors. It was also said that the doors need adjusting every now and then. As my car is still a daily driver will i find that after a few months of opening and closing the doors they will be rubbing at the paint?