SAU Community

Lambo Doors

cosmokram3r

you say china makes bad quality kits china has many provinces you just need to find the right manufacturer from the range of provinces

we had one kit we fitted to a rx7 and that kit was a poorly setup with no guide stoppers and poor design of strut and from installing that we learnt that more features had to be suited for this to perform better. we regurally visit the china trade shows and on our next visit we were able to find a better supplier/manufacturer for these lambo doors. we used this manufacturers setup and it worked out much better than the previous china setup

its not a case of china is bad its a matter of having contacts and be willing to put the effort out so that we can find the better product

my 2 cents

cheers

andrew

Totally agree with you mate, only said the ones we tried were no good, not every supplier in China wood be bad. Couldn`t possibly try every mnufacturer there is, just stopped looking when we found a good one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im still considering writting up my howto on this.

Ive been waiting to take some more pics cause i have to pull it all apart again soon to fine tune the fitting.

Not sure but i think my drives side hydraulic strut is starting to wear already :P

For those who are installing these kits you need to be careful when opening doors. Ive managed to rip both my interior door cards.

what do you mean interior door cards? please explain .. you scaring me now -,-'zzz

old term for the doors interior trim - back when the trims where a flat "card" of board covered in material.

yeah like craved said. you just need to ensure you open the door far enough out before u lift it up or it can catch on the black trim which runs around the top of the window

Yes need to open the door fully and then up. The shocks won`t be wearing they just have a break in period. They are first stiff, then get easier to lift up and down.

Hey, those doors look sweet. I'm hopefully going to buy an R33 Skyline within a week, i've already got a deposit on it. I just have one question, how much would one of these Lambo door kits cost me in Australian dollars? Also including shipping costs please.

Hey Terry i just noticed you said you were selling the Lambo Door Kits for the group price, are you still doing that? If you are then whats the difference in prices between a group price and a single price, i wasn't planning on getting a Lambo Door Kit too soon but if theres a decent difference in the price then i might.

• 2 weeks later...
If your putting the kit on your 32 please let us know how they turn out ...........

Does anyone know if R32's would have different bolt hole positions for the doors? my kit doesnt line up properly. its about 3.5mm out. so at the moment i have my car ripped apart in the shed completely undrivable until i put everything back on.