SAU Community

P plater clocked @ 176km/h in an s14 200sx!! [MERGED]

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Redback

Here is the legislation for the crimes Act - first link is a list of the sections http://scaleplus.law.gov.au/html/pasteact/0/28/top.htm,

this next one is the place to download the Act http://scaleplus.law.gov.au/cgi-bin/downlo...a/pasteact/0/28,

here is the area to search for dfferent stuff http://scaleplus.law.gov.au/cgi-bin/qs.pl?...a/pasteact/0/28

Also criminal code links as above http://scaleplus.law.gov.au/html/pasteact/...t/1/686/top.htm ,

http://scaleplus.law.gov.au/cgi-bin/downlo.../pasteact/1/686 ,

http://scaleplus.law.gov.au/cgi-bin/qs.pl?.../pasteact/1/686

have a look through, might help if you continue to get hasselled for no reason.

Cheers.

Redback how did you go downloading the legislation? Have you installed the shelving in your back seat to hold all of this. Do you really think the cops are trained with a book that is the size of your learner's driving manual? Danooh that's hilarious..

Cops need to hit P platers hard, they are like children and need to be pulled back into line every now and then. So what if you are a good driver around a track or on the strip. When it comes to the road, you have no experience and you are over confident.. end of story..

I wish you guys would cut the BS about giving the cops a mouthfull. Cos when the time comes you don't have the balls to do so. If it werent for the cops you wouldnt even be able to drive in safety on the roads so why dont you stop whinging about the cops.. ffs please stop whinging about the cops...

Dan.

DanS15 - Speak for yourself! the legislation is there to see how the cops work. they are not the be all, end all. A lot of people are scared of the cops because the don't know their rights!!!

Personally, I don't take getting hasselled from the cops - if you have / want to thats fine. Dude - not trying to dig you, just want people to be aware and realise YOU THE DRIVER have rights too.

Cheers

If you are informed as much as you say you are then you should know that driving a motor vehicle on public roads is not a right - it is a privillege.

This is why Australian drivers have one of the worst reputations in the world. Because they think they have a right to drive on the road.

I think cops need to try harder and remove this privillege from more drivers.

If you look at the traffic legislation you will see that it is a very powerful one in favour of the cops. Its like that for a reason - the cops own you when you are driving on the roads. This is why they have RBT - to stop you whenever they like. As soon as people realise it is your gov employing police to do this then you and police may get on a little better and they may not be such a#*holes to you. Give them the respect for the job they are employed to do. They are not born that way.

If I am wrong then explain to me what your rights as a driver are... (re police - not other motorists and crimes committed against you)

Dans15, there are plenty of rights that the uninformed motorist has when it comes to being pulled over by police. Sure they can pull you over anytime and say it's for an RBT, but how it goes from there is NOT an open pen for the police. I've experienced police who think they ARE the law and try to do what they want - that ain't gonna happen with me, sorry officer wannabe... I also have a few friends who are police, as I'm sure you either have or are. As far as MY PRIVILLEGE!!, I PAY to use the roads and licencing system - don't you!?!? do you pay for it and expect not to be entitled to use it?

That comment about Aussies is such a generalisation - you can get good and bad drivers everywhere!

FYI - it's not the police that remove the "privillege" from drivers, it is the courts and the legislation. As I said I'm not here to judge or belittle people. if someone wants to get more informed - why heckel them for it???

My main point is that I am tired of reading about the hard talk towards police on these forums. I am not alone here I have seen the same comment hundreds of times when police topics are raised. When the time comes out on the road its either yes sir or no sir or if by chance the driver gives the cops a mouthfull they will only loose. I would say alot of the cops esp highway cops, would love drivers to test their knowledge of road laws and cars in general. I dont know what kind of cops you know or have come across, but I dont know any that would back down if you began to test them.

Anyway you still didnt answer my question - the cops stop you for RBT, then begin to check over your vehicle for roadworthyness, what do you say to them??

Originally posted by NisMojo

Never gonna happen.. But Say a 30 year old guy with an R34, Skilled responsible driver.. Great brakes, good handling.. let him do 150 instead of 100...

are you talking about me?

:P

the average cop isn't a registered vehicle inspector - I guarantee majority of cops are not going to know a wategate from a blow off valve, I'd love them to test my knowledge of my car. As for the rules, read one of my earlier responses.... I don't like rephrasing something to explain it when it's clear enough.

Originally posted by DAN00H

I hear ya RedBack - that happened plenty of times to me... just keep your cool and stay out of trouble, cops think they can bully people (esp young guys) cause they know SOME rules. mate go online and download a copy of their legislation- keep it in your car, if they are giving youa  hard time for nothing, ask what section of the act (or subsection) they are referring to! (yes, these days I am a public servant so I also know how it works...)

DANOOH is this what you are referring to? Are you serious? The cops begin to defect your car and you ask them for the act and subsection. You are killing me here mate. Where have you read that the cops must answer this question if asked. All the cops need to know is that 'they can'...

If the need arises where they do need this info well they can look it up later. Its not hard anyway - theres only one main act for traffic.

Even magistrates, judges and lawyers need to refer to their books for acts and subsections.

It is simple and the sooner you realise this the better off you will be. I've been driving modified cars for 12 years now. Never have given cops attitute - never had any problems at all..

I have mates who give cops atttiute - defects and fines at least once every couple of months. Mate gets stoppped, cop says "whats been done to this it doesnt sound standard" Mate says "its all stock" cop looks under bonnet. Any cop would know that a shiny SR20 dont belong in a 68 Datsun 1600. Cop says "why did you lie to me" mate says "I didnt lie, its a stock SR20" And this is where it all starts....16 defects later. Why bother???

dude - if you want to let them get away with it, go for it! I have actually DRIVEN OFF on cops, no recourse.

you will find there are subsections in any Act....

like i said - it's about knowledge.

What started this thread? the P plater speeding, which is clearly something that you are going to get done for, nothings going to save you in that situation. If your mates cars are rego'd and engineered, there is no way I'd take that crap!

His car was engineered but the cops are aware of the fraudulent engineers reports going around and they dont have to take notice of them. They send you to RTA or wherever it may be in your state and let them decide whether the engineers report needs further investigation. He didnt take their crap - thats my point, but he was shat on anyway.

Drove off from the cops I dont think so...Cops dont take crap like that. They were obviously finished with you anyway or just so sick and tired of listening to your whinging they didnt bother. If they didnt want you to leave they would have pursued you and if you had the balls to keep going you would have got the floggin of your life when they caught up with you.. Just more hard talk sorry to say.

Did you hear about the pursuit in Sydney a while ago. This bloke was in a full on chase with the coppers for a good 20 minutes and you know where he lead the coppers to? Their police station to make a complaint. How funny is that? I hope your not a person like him cos that bloke was an absolute nut. And I hear he didnt get his chance to complain either.

It has been said that the majority of complaints against police and votes for police officer of the year are made by the local neighbourhood nuts. Luckily there is a system in place that causes these complaints to go no further than the local neighbourhood garbage bin..