SAU Community

Sparco Evo2 L Vs. Cobra Suzuka

Rezlo

Hey guys, I need to import a seat for my GTS that will be used for track fun days, a bit of solox and some street usage, ive got it down to 2 seats that will be legal for usage in the racing I want to use it in, the sparco evo 2 L or the Cobra Suzuka,

Has any one here used either of these seats for street usage as well as track? the sparco looks to have a slightly more suitable back possition for street but I would like to hear some opinions on using either of these fixed back's on the street, unfortunatly reclining is out of the question as far as the rules go.

Thanks

Wrong. :)

Fixed is NOT illegal.... you can remove your rear seats and have the car engineered/mod plated/certified (depending on what state you're in) as a 2 seater.

If the seat AND rails are ADR approved, you wont have a problem with the 5-0...

that being said, 99% of peoples car's on here would be classed as illegal.

If you want to be super legal, and have a great seat, Get a VELO seat. ADR approved, AND FIA approved. So will pass every level of scrutineering I beleve. Cheaper then the spacros/cobra's as well. They have a really nice driving position, are light, and can basically be custom made to your needs....

I stand corrected than!! I was told they were. Oh well, thanks for correcting me, and not yelling your head off at me like other people on here...

BTW, they can find something wrong with everycar. Someone did a test on a bunch of cars straight out of the yard and every one failed for little things :). The laws are bullshit!!

Problem is that im in South Africa, getting seats shipped is MEGA expencive, for me the street legal part isnt a problem, as long as its legal on the track, but yeah i use my car often so i need somthing thats not to 90deg

Guess ill have to fly up and go try a few seats...

I stand corrected than!! I was told they were. Oh well, thanks for correcting me, and not yelling your head off at me like other people on here...

BTW, they can find something wrong with everycar. Someone did a test on a bunch of cars straight out of the yard and every one failed for little things ;) . The laws are bullshit!!

Tis cool..... people need to have the correct info.... As for what you said, a friend of mine purchased a brand new VZ commodore SS ute for work, had it for 2 days (car wasnt touched in this time at all), and got pulled over with a bit of stuff in the back and got defected for being too low.

And they wont tell you that most police cars are defectable, as the tyres the have arent load rated for all the gear they carry in the boot, plus a few other things LOL.... (Great having a relative in the force :):):D )

Problem is that im in South Africa, getting seats shipped is MEGA expencive, for me the street legal part isnt a problem, as long as its legal on the track, but yeah i use my car often so i need somthing thats not to 90deg

Guess ill have to fly up and go try a few seats...

Well, VELO are made here in South Australia, and I dont reckon there'd be a problem getting them sent to you. Although if you need to try a seat before hand, might be a tad hard.... Other thing is, With VELO/Sparco/MOMO/Corba/Bride/Recaro etc, the side mounted seats actually can have the mounting points adjusted so they're not on a 90 degree angle. My seat has the rear set of bolts one hole below the front ones, puts the seat on a bit of an angle. (good for head clearence too)