SAU Community

Anyone Want A Cheap V-spec R32?

Hey guys,

Was browsing the J-Spec site and came across this..seems WAY too cheap for a 32 GTR V-Spec. Why would this be? i can see from the pics, the engine bay isn't in the best condition. so maybe not looked after?

any advice you coul give me would be great

R32 GTR V-Spec

Engine looks like any other 15+ year old car..

Body looks in good condition..

Interior could use some TLC..

Perhaps just baught at a cheap auction price?

As nice as they once, were, this IS a '93 model car we are talking about. Sure its a bit low for a V-spec, but not ridiculously so. No 15 year old car is going to come without problems, whether they're immediately evident or come up down the track. The maintenance costs are high, so prices have been dropping fast and they'll continue to do so. Supply & demand.

i can see from the pics, the engine bay isn't in the best condition. so maybe not looked after?

R32 GTR V-Spec

Isn't the best?? Haha, thats an understatement

When the plenum looks like that the car is f**ked... no question! - the car has to have been raced hard for that to happen. Guarantee if you bought that you will be up for complete rebuild immediately.

Good 32 GTR's in japan still sell for a LOT of money believe it or not. When a car is cheap there is no mystery - it is simply just one of the shitters needing a LOT of money spent to make them up to scratch.

see thats what i thought cos i've seen like standard GTR's for atleast 20k...thats why i thought "hmm...V-spec...less than a normal one..hmmm...sus" but then i thought maybe cos rego etc has to be added on but still

plenum paint? how does that effect engine life? it could have flaked off because of sitting in shit loads of traffic every day,

my plenum when i brought my car was in similar shape, just once the thin layer of pain starts coming off it continues to flake off along the whole assembly

23 plus diff rebuilds plus gearbox plus rotors and pads ...yes, you get what you pay for....still a good buy I reckon., just expect to spend at least 15K to get it up to scratch

plenum paint? how does that effect engine life? it could have flaked off because of sitting in shit loads of traffic every day,

my plenum when i brought my car was in similar shape, just once the thin layer of pain starts coming off it continues to flake off along the whole assembly

Oh dear. You could not be more wrong. Traffic will never do that. The only way that paint comes off like that is when the engine is running HOT... as in racing HOT.... and without modifications to counter problems in rb26 engine design such as oil circulation that means that with the car being pushed that hard the engine will be fooked.

I have had articles from GTR magazine in jpn translated and even they listed a plennum flaked like that as one of the primary ways to identify a GTR that has had a hard life.

wow and i thought my plenum was bad... ive got a couple chips that has the majority peeled off... but still would be nice .. its that cheap just get a low km r34 rb26dett for 4000 and your laughing!

wow and i thought my plenum was bad... ive got a couple chips that has the majority peeled off... but still would be nice .. its that cheap just get a low km r34 rb26dett for 4000 and your laughing!

Wow, show me where you can get them at that price? I'll buy 10 and sell em to ppl for double the price.

What is it with people and plenum paint?

Want to see how good the tyres are? Just kick them. It's about as scientific.

I had a very very old motor in an R32 GTR and it's engine bay looked very clean. The plenum paint all intact with 250,000kms and some good thrashing under it's belt. That motor was a hand grenade.

On topic the V-spec is a fairly rare car and no doubt would suit an enthusiast. As people have mentioned rebuilds are a good thing to budget for given the vehicles age.

What is it with people and plenum paint?

Want to see how good the tyres are? Just kick them. It's about as scientific.

I had a very very old motor in an R32 GTR and it's engine bay looked very clean. The plenum paint all intact with 250,000kms and some good thrashing under it's belt. That motor was a hand grenade.

Im not saying if the plennum is clean then the car is fine. It is not the only check of a GTR, anyone knows that.... and ppl can respray them.

BUT - If the plennum is chipped like the one in that photo the car is a POS NO QUESTION!! But don't take my word for it - Buy one like it and find out for yourself...

Im not saying if the plennum is clean then the car is fine. It is not the only check of a GTR, anyone knows that.... and ppl can respray them.

BUT - If the plennum is chipped like the one in that photo the car is a POS NO QUESTION!! But don't take my word for it - Buy one like it and find out for yourself...

I had a few GTR's now and been around alot more. Some didn't have all the paint on the plenum, like the rust bunky R32 GTR I have now. the motor has been leak down and compression tested and it's in good nik so your theory is incorrect.

Telling people that plenum paint is some sort of mark of engine condition or the lack of it is just plain "YO V-TECH" in my book. There are only 'real tests' for motor health that involve actual measurement.

Plenum paint = motor health is BS. However happy to be proven wrong. Await your reply :(

Edited by rev210

I had a few GTR's now and been around alot more. Some didn't have all the paint on the plenum, like the rust bunky R32 GTR I have now. the motor has been leak down and compression tested and it's in good nik so your theory is incorrect.

Telling people that plenum paint is some sort of mark of engine condition or the lack of it is just plain "YO V-TECH" in my book. There are only 'real tests' for motor health that involve actual measurement.

Plenum paint = motor health is BS. However happy to be proven wrong. Await your reply :D

Glad you are happy with your car - it sounds awesome. And I am happy with mine, lets leave it at that.