SAU Community

M35 Stagea Error Message On Display

danwatt

Hi Guys, I have an error message on my display and was wondering if anyone knows what the error is and how to reset the computer.

The car seems to be working fine with the exception of the error message and a similar symbol on the instrument panel

post-40391-1207357784_thumb.jpg

i don't know what it means but i'd be checking all your fluid levels because it looks similar to the low fuel warning so it might be a low oil warning or something. i might be way off but htats just my two cents

It says:

Warning engine.

Stop car for detailed information. (gear in P)

Press here for details. (bottom left corner "bracket symbols")

It says:

Warning engine.

Stop car for detailed information.

Press here for details. (bottom left corner)

Cheers, I know how I got the error, I was working on the boost solenoid and had the air flow meter wires disconnected when I started the car and thats how I got the error, The only problem now is that I cant reset the computer as it seems to have memory.

I need to find out how to reset the errors.

Id guess it would have to be done through the OBD port, eg bridging 2 pins as in previous models. Maybe ask in the V35 forum, should be same for them.

Or will leaving it disconnected overnight reset it ?

Id guess it would have to be done through the OBD port, eg bridging 2 pins as in previous models. Maybe ask in the V35 forum, should be same for them.

Or will leaving it disconnected overnight reset it ?

I tried disconnecting the battery for about 6 hours and it didnt seem to do anything, From what I have read about the V35's the computer has memory and needs to reset.

I will see what they have to say on the V35 forum.

I tried disconnecting the battery for about 6 hours and it didnt seem to do anything, From what I have read about the V35's the computer has memory and needs to reset.

I will see what they have to say on the V35 forum.

I have been told to truly reset the ecu settings, when you disconnect the battery you need to pump the brake several times to fully deplete the battery's reserve. I don't know if there is any truth in this, but i guess it is worth a shot.

Mark