SAU Community

wiring in front seats

JT

Hi all,

I need some questions answered.

My R33 series 1 has a wire come from the flooring and plugs into the bottom of my drivers and passenger side seats. Then another wire comes from there and hangs loosely with nothing connected. What is this for? Airbag? Should the wire just being sitting there loosely?

Thanks

Thanks,

But I found the problem is that when they removed the original seat belts, the wires were connected to where the belt connects. This would send a signal to the dash saying your seat belt is on or off. Just a safety feature.

So the new povo belts they put in would not have this feature and so the wires cannot be connected.

hey guys,

just a quick answer to shed some light on whether they can be used for anything else.... i wanted to hook some under seat neons up to them which would have been controlled by a switch on the dash, but before buying the neons i tested the currency of the plugs with a multimeter and found that there was less then 0.20volts going through, therefore there was not even 1volt going through, so i gave upon the idea of using them for neons..... i'm not saying i'm right, as it could just be my car, so can anyone else here test them as well to see whether u get the same results, as i really wanted to use them for some neons, perfect spot and all :P,

many thanks (interested to hear results now!!!!)

Skysaresilver: Thats interesting, because I had a wire in my boot that was leeching off the brake light +ve wire and it was only putting out 0.24V when the brake lights came on

Sumo

Hmm, I've got these wires too, always wondered what they were for.. that does it, I'm investigating these "seatbelt things"

also, does it detect if someone is actually SITTING in the seat first ?

yeah, as stated above, I was told in my R32, that they are for the seat belt light. The chairs sense if someone is sitting in them ,and if the belt isnt on, the light on dash will flash.

For compliance the seatbelts are swapped as the jap ones dont have ADR approval. The seatbelt, and the seat belt thingy that it plugs into are swapped. Mybelts even have a different anchor bolt into the chassis near the door....

As this is only a small function, it wouldnt require much voltage.

Will

• 5 weeks later...

Do all Skylines have air bags?

My series 1 GTST doesn't have an air bag at all (dash or wheel) and it has those wires under the seats!!! maybe rule thos options out!!

Has anyone looked at there new seat belts for front seats!! had my interior removed recentl;y and those seat belt moun ts done look very safe!!!

it's like a single bolt through thin body steel, going to a metal plate that the belt bolts onto!! any one else seen this!!!???

The wires are there in the R32's for the electric seat belt retainers - you may notice sometimes that the seat belt will not automatically retract or have any force on it wanting it to retract. As soon as you undo the belt from the buckle, it automatically retracts. This was as a comfort feature, I thought it was rather stupid personally and disconnected it, thus always having tension from the belt on my chest.