SAU Community

Suspension

Are they The same as RS4's.Cannot find a post about the RS(2wd) struts.Can any one help?

No, the fronts aren't the same, the rears are though.

The 4wd uprights have the shocks mounts higher up, to clear the front driveshafts. So the shock bodies are shorter.

Plus the front spring rates are higher to handle the extra 180 kgs in the 4wd's.

The Stagea section is always better for Stagea specific questions.

The sticky "Stagea Suspension" answers most suspension questions.

Cheers

Gary

Are the stagea 2WD front & back struts the same as R33's then.

Like R32/33/34's Stageas don't have struts, they are double wishbone. So they have spring/shock units in a coil over layout.

Shock wise, the same dimensions yes, but same valving no.

Spring wise, same dimensions on the front and similar rate. The rear has totally different dimensions and the spring rate is different.

Cheers

Gary

So if I got a pair of R33gtst coilovers for front

They will fit OK.

S15 coilovers for the back with harder spring rates

Nope they won't fit, the S14/15 rear springs are the same dimensions as the R33's. The Stagea springs and tops are different, smaller, to make the load space larger.

Gary does the Stagea RS 2WD have the same sway bars as the RS4??

Nope

If you are serious about getting your Stagea to handle without destroying the ride comfort I suggest you try the Group Buy thread in the Stagea section, it has lots of responses from Stagea owners.

Cheers

Gary

They will fit OK.

Nope they won't fit, the S14/15 rear springs are the same dimensions as the R33's. The Stagea springs and tops are different, smaller, to make the load space larger.

Nope

If you are serious about getting your Stagea to handle without destroying the ride comfort I suggest you try the Group Buy thread in the Stagea section, it has lots of responses from Stagea owners.

Cheers

Gary

Do you recommend the same swaybar sizes for the 2wd and camber,caster settings.Gary never seen the circlip idea, how does it work?...If I ring white line would they know the part numbers for the 2WD cause they would be different to whats on the thread..Is the group buy with a certain dealer we only have agents in S.A,and sorry to be a pain do you have there details?

Thanks Gary

Gary have you heard anything about ISC coilovers. They are used in drift cars in the Australian circuit.

http://www.isc-warehouse.com/index.php?mai...products_id=183

Do a search on here mate, there's lots of reports...

You'll also read what people do with them once they replace them.

Do a search on here mate, there's lots of reports...

You'll also read what people do with them once they replace them.

Do you recommend the same swaybar sizes for the 2wd and camber,caster settings.Gary never seen the circlip idea, how does it work?...If I ring white line would they know the part numbers for the 2WD cause they would be different to whats on the thread..Is the group buy with a certain dealer we only have agents in S.A,and sorry to be a pain do you have there details?

Thanks Gary

Thanks Gary

No the 2wd swaybars are different diameters to the 4wd bars and different shapes. Plus the Group Buy bars are unique to Jamex (they paid for the enginering), they are often in unique sizes and have extra adjustment. We don't make them for anyone else, the swaybars we make for Whiteline are their standard catalogue line. Bars ordered today are shipped tomorrow, orders over $500 are freight free to anywhere in Australia. PM me for further details.

The Group Buy Bilsteins have additional circlip grooves added (they have 2 grooves standard) so you can set the height you want before you fit them. There are 6 grooves 8 mm apart and I can tell you the height that you will get from each groove.

1903Bilsteins_Small.jpg

Cheers

Gary