SAU Community

Mgec All Wheel Drive Turbo Challenge

mad34

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 1st post, view SAU every now and then.

mad34 I have entered this challenge! It would be a good chance to compete against other 4wd turbos! There are no dedicated events to this in SA which is disapointing. Looking forward to seeing some GTRs out to keep the 4 bangers honest.

For those who havent seen Collingrove here is some you tube:

is viewing avaliable at these events?

My cars not up to scratch yet but will be in the future and id love to try this out. so would like to have a look and get a feel for these kinda days etc.

If viewing is possiable. could someone drop me a pm on best spots etc? PS where is collingrove???? i mean i know where mallala and mt gambire is

i think the GTR GTS4's will be hard pressed to keep up with the WRX's and EVO's on that track its not about brute force

They will have no problem keeping up with the WRX's, just might find it hard keeping up with the EVO's :(:) Jokes relax!

yes you are right its not about brute force, but that doesnt mean that you can't drive the GTR with a little finesse.

does collingrove defiantly need a cams license or your not 100% sure

can i send my form in other than fax

You definately need to have a CAMS licence for collingrove.

Which form are you talking about the AWDTC or the collingrove from?

AWDTC you can post in to the PO box on the entry form. Same with collingrove

i attached all the forms for collingrove if you want to have a look.

SCCSA_25_MAY_08_Supp_Regs.pdf

Winter_Cup_2_Supp_Regs.pdf

They will have no problem keeping up with the WRX's, just might find it hard keeping up with the EVO's :(:) Jokes relax!

yes you are right its not about brute force, but that doesnt mean that you can't drive the GTR with a little finesse.

well the rexes are just right f**ked then arent they lol

so also by the looks of it i need a fire extinguisher

Steve you will need all the safety gear fo any official motorsport event, so its a good investment. Its worth Having that way you can enter in all sorts of events.

Once you do one official event you will be addicted!

• 2 weeks later...

First event is 25th May! Get your AWD Turbo Challenge and Hillclimb enties in ASAP if you are considering competition.

Good chance for SAU to represent in motorsport events here in SA.

i know i talked a lot about it and would really like to have a shot but don't really want to join some random club just for cams would of likes SAU SA to be cams affiliated already

plus haven't got my new rims or 5 stud conversion on yet and need new tyres as im on the wear indicator for my rears so don't really need to be pushing it at an event

you will one day see me at one of these events and once you do I'm guessing it will be in the blood