SAU Community

How To Plumb A Manual Boost Controler

Hi, Recently bought a R33 GTS-T, was running alright at 10psi boost with a boost controler joined to the exhaust side of the turbo and not joined anywhere else from the outlet point on the controller. At high boost it was backfiring. SO I changed the plugs (thinking that was the issue), but it didnt fix it.

A mechanic friend of mine beleived it should have been conected at the other end to the intake from the pod filter. So we tried that also, and turned up the boost a little bit ( I want to try to get it to about 13psi) I am running the standard turbo, with a big intercooler and an APEXI AFC computer.

Now it is backfiring even worse and we cant seem to ajust the boost at all. Im not sure if the controllers we have (we have two) are faulty or if they are plumbed incorrectly.

The backfire issue we beleive is the coils now, so im going to try sealing them up or change them.

But still unable to really adjust the boost at all,

Has anyone else had a similar issue ?

Does anyone know the Correct way to run the manual boost controler (from the waste gate to the intake pipe to the turbo is how we beleive) Is there anywhere I can get a diagram of this ?

And last but not least ( I am new to this so I have a few issues, thanks to everyone reading this) ,

I live in Sydney, Where would be the best place to take my car to have it tuned, someone who knows allot about APEXI AFC settings?

I have the standard computer in it, and feel this may also be part of my problem, but it should still be able to cope with the mods shouldnt it ?

Thanks Heaps,

Dave

you plumb it from the wastegate actuator to the pressure side of the intake system. so between the turbo and the intake plenum/manifold. not the intake pipe at the pod filter. there should be a nipple for it on the elbow on the turbos outfeed.

and you will be ok with the stock ecu and the mods you have. even better if you get the afc tuned.

Edited by QWK32

you plumb it from the wastegate actuator to the pressure side of the intake system. so between the turbo and the intake plenum/manifold. not the intake pipe at the pod filter. there should be a nipple for it on the elbow on the turbos outfeed.

and you will be ok with the stock ecu and the mods you have. even better if you get the afc tuned.

Thanks mate, it was set up that way, I still have alot to learn. I changed the plugs and that didnt fix the backfire, so I taped up the coils and it made a big difference, gonna get some new ones soon. Getting the AFC tuned too, that should get me movin!