SAU Community

Anyone Got Rid Of The Reverse Beeping?

I don't have reverse pack, but still does the beeping. constant beeping intervals, doesn't get faster as approaching an object while reversing...

I've got the reversing beep too...like the trucks have. Also on another note...does anyones tiptronic beep when shifting gears? I could have sworn mine beeped during gear changes when I first got the car but doesn't do it anymore...or maybe I'm just hallucinating??

I'm quite sure the beeping speaker is in the steering column. Same beeper used for when you leave your headlights on and when you leave the key in the ignition and open the door.

I'm going to try to open it up tonight and cut the wire. Hope I don't set off the air-bags or anything.

I'm quite sure the beeping speaker is in the steering column. Same beeper used for when you leave your headlights on and when you leave the key in the ignition and open the door.

I'm going to try to open it up tonight and cut the wire. Hope I don't set off the air-bags or anything.

looks like i must be the only one with only 1 beep when the gear (6MT) is put into reverse. But I had the optional Momo steering wheel, thats prob why...

I'm keen as to get rid of my reversing beeps as well, I'm confident that it is controlled by the BCM (Body Control Module).

Chris, please let me know if there is a way of removing it without effecting the headlight & other neccessary warnings, once you get hold of this new tool :thumbsup:

• 2 years later...
I'm keen as to get rid of my reversing beeps as well, I'm confident that it is controlled by the BCM (Body Control Module).

Chris, please let me know if there is a way of removing it without effecting the headlight & other neccessary warnings, once you get hold of this new tool :)

On a previous car I got rid of the beeping by simply finding the damn beeper and filling everything with silicon and letting it set.

Basically muffled the noise right down as in the absence of air there was no noise transmission and avoided any risk of screwing up some obscure electronic system that may or may not be present

by doing that do you loose all other reminder beeper when you leave headlight after engine off and you open the door? as well as the reminder beep when leaving key in ignition...

My 2002 gt8 has the beep too, just curious as a I had a instance on 2 seperate occasions recently where I had the battery and park brake lights come on and a Japanesse girl spoke too me, by the time I got to Nissan to get codes from the computer it had cleared.

Would cutting the wire to this speaker remove the instance where the girl will speak to you?

Does anyone else find it amazing that no matter how old a topic is, someone manages to dig it up from over 3 years ago and everyone else continues to reply as if it was yesterday's news?

*cuts some slack* I remember the first time I discovered a message board I posted on pretty much every topic I thought was relevant without considering the date of the last reply... and for what it's worth, it was a daihatsu enthusiasts forum.

To keep this reply on topic to the original post.......

Reverse beeping is a feature commonly found on automatic equipped vehicles.

Filling the speaking with silicon will silence any other warning signals (ie lights left on, door open)

Cutting the reverse signal wire will stop your reverse lights from working.

My experience with consult is limited to 90's models.

figuring consult will turn it off.
Can you really turn features on and off using consult?? Edited by daisu