SAU Community

Are My Dyno Tuning Results Good?...

Got my r33 gtr tuned yesterday and was suprised at how much power i made....

stock rb26 motor with r34 n1's etc.....i made 314awkw with 85% injector duty cycle...i fitted cam gears but they werent tuned at all.....now im thinking i wasted time buying them....

mods:

044 pump

exhaust and dumps

555cc inj

arc panel and box filter

r34 n1s

stock internal motor

bleed valve for boost

in and ex cams

apexi powerfc and h/c

I was told to get an ebc next time to hold the boost better, and also get bigger injectors for more power.

What do you guys reckon?

ps boost comes on the same time as the factory ecu did, and that was better than with stock turbos i had prior so im happy there....

Edited by nsta

What boost is at peak power? that being you said boost tails off hence get an ebc to hold boost better. ;)

Hey i dont mean to change the topic too much but does the apexi avc-r have the same feature to stop the boost dropping off at high rpm? I know the e-boost 2 has a RPM Compensation Feature but i wasnt sure if it's common amongst other electronic boost controllers.

I personally don't like the eboost. They always seem to break.

The avcr is the most customizable boost controller of which when tuned by a novice performs poorly which is why some state its crap. Get the avcr on a dyno with some one who knows them and they are an awesome boost controller with a massive range of features.

BUT.. the Greedy Profec B ebc is a great cheap ebc. if boost is tailing off you can dial it in so that it holds boost at higher rpm. if its creeping you can attempt to dial it out. But usually if it creeps (boost goes up with rpm) usually its a mechanical problem (poorly designed dump or wastegate)