SAU Community

6:30pm Tonight... A Current Affair

JJay

Another hoon story tonight on TV....

Channel 9.

6:30PM on ACA (A Current Affair).

Would be hell funny to see if they've changed from the whole 'bad hoon' image.

If anyone can record it and put it up on youtube, this would be awesoem.

I wont be able to get home in time to watch it ;)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very poor attempt by a stupid old biddy to stop enthusiast from doing what they are enthusiastic about. so everybody else go sell ya cars right now and become criminals and drug dealers. if we were all like this would she like that better. god if ppl cant hang out and relax with a few friends who have the same interests then, we might aswell all do time in a jail. also nice one aca for putting on total random footage of drivers drifting and doing burnouts, and grabbing some old footage from the files of a back story of how hoon in american get there cars crushed when they get caught. what does this got to do with the BWCP? tell me this? f**king useless twats.

interesting vid.. but then again not every one with a sports car is a "hoon"

Would someone please inform the police not every one with a sports car is a "hoon I am getting sick of being pulled over and having idiots in unmarked cars try to bait me into racing. One officer who had pulled me over just for a license check gave the reason when asked why was " You Drive a Skyline and the majority of people driving a skyline have outstanding warrants or lost their license because of points". hey if I was being stupid OK but this is getting to the point of out right harassment .

Aca Have done there usual with this but the part I found hilarious was when one car enthusiast went to show the elderly councilor his car and then asked if he can park there and she sends him packing.

What Message is she sending "Its ok for the elderly to stay out all night but you kiddies must be home in bed"

Edited by bigfella

Would someone please inform the police not every one with a sports car is a "hoon I am getting sick of being pulled over and having idiots in unmarked cars try to bait me into racing. One officer who had pulled me over just for a license check gave the reason when asked why was " You Drive a Skyline and the majority of people driving a skyline have outstanding warrants or lost their license because of points". hey if I was being stupid OK but this is getting to the point of out right harassment .

Aca Have done there usual with this but the part I found hilarious was when one car enthusiast went to show the elderly councilor his car and then asked if he can park there and she sends him packing.

What Message is she sending "Its ok for the elderly to stay out all night but you kiddies must be home in bed"

good call brother ! goto love the media.. but i must give it to all the Bogans and silly idiots who has given the majority a bad name .. i mean check out the idiots who race on the M1 midnite on sat nites.. myself and another SAU member was caught in this bungle of gemis /commordores line locking etc.. why arent these guys caught makes sence why they label everyone a hoon i guess.. :P

P.S we need a meeting with undercover copper micheal Yang (who has a wang) lol

I think the bloke who wrote his thesis on it or whatever was very well spoken. He was totally right, and this coverage of car hoons was much more rela thatn the other ones we've seen.

Basically said its only a couple of idiots giving us all a bad name, and the governments time, effort and money is better spent elseware - which it is. Im not saying they should stop looking for hoons, hell on my way home yesterday i drove past an SS commadore ute, he felt the need to floor it, spin the wheels and yell WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO out the window as he went past me, only to have to slam his brakes on to prevent hitting the car inffont of him a couple of metres up. They should still have patrols, and alot of people who drive skylines, do it like idiots - its a fact. So if you were a policeman, wouldn't you pull over the priority target?

It sucks for us, but thats just how it is. It makes sense.

what about nice story last night about the police officers in the city bashin those two guys and the woman.. they are violent thugs.. so shouldnt we label all police as violent thugs.. i should get my gran to go in a hotted up skyline and ask the councillor if she can park there..

was cruzing down over northside near morayfield stopped at a set of lights.. a copper came through.. mine went green and i started driving (slowly :)) and i watched this cop reach speeds of over 110 at least an hr as he (or mayb she) drove away.. this was no lights flashing no emergency or anything.. and the speed limit was 80ks..

should make rewards for dobbing these guys in... out of all the problems they attack "noise disturbance".. i agree though that they should be targeting "hoons" like the ones on the highway doing the line locking.. i been trapped behind them before.. they was hand braking so no one could see their lights.. dangerous as i almost ran up their a$$es.. funny though the truckies dont take the sh!t.. :P

Have heard this exact thing when i was pulled over last friday night. Pisses me off that we are all labeled 'hoons' and a danger to other motorist when 50m up the road from where i got pulled over a tool in a camry decides to do a few doughnuts but the cop doesnt do anything about it. He is too busy making sure my stock skyline doesnt have a blow off valve.

Descrimination and harrassment come to mind...

These types of discussions go on forever. Has anyone actually approach this the same way the police do... i.e. approach the media regarding harassment. We seem to fully understand the reason that there are hoons but the prime targeting to imports...... id really like to see the stats.....

Now I am not volunteering to personally take this further, as a mature older face may be a better approach... but I am willing to help out in anyway possible. enough threads here to make up a document to send to the today tonight crew or something similar... even if its just to get feed back from them about our concerns and if its worth approaching. At least we'll know.

If we gather the information together it would be fine... I have got video and ref regarding a make a wish day, when I gave a cancer patient a ride in my 33... I've got pics and local paper reports of BBQ's were all the import owners in my old area used to meet up and donate a gold coin to charity.... the McDonalds in my old town used to love us.. We couldn’t get enough of the kids coming out to awwww at our cars. While we grabbed a feed... dropped of donations ECT.....

We should be collecting..... Ill contribute money to someone that would want to seriously approach this on behalf of the enthusiast community.

Maybe we should start a thread regarding it.

yeh i think the only way to solve these stories is for a few apparent "hoons" to go on and show there side of the story and for it not then to be turned around so that we yet again are made to look like the bad guys.

Edited by 000DNK

though i cannot say they are just targeting high performance cars in this. my car accident 2 months back (which was not my fault at all considering a 4wd mother was not watching the pedestrian crossing) i was driving a old lancer and yet the police only went to breath test me, while might i add i was on a stretcher in hospital and also said i was driving dangerously. the funny part was in the police report he stated i was driving my dads white GTS commodore. instead of the red lancer. And that i apparently hit the car infront who then of course drove round and re ended me.

i was being discriminated for my age and he took it way over the top to actually calling me a hoon.

These types of discussions go on forever. Has anyone actually approach this the same way the police do... i.e. approach the media regarding harassment. We seem to fully understand the reason that there are hoons but the prime targeting to imports...... id really like to see the stats.....

Yes.

I have approached a local news paper (see Sunshine Coast thread), I had also approached another local new paper about 5 months ago, they came, did a story, took photos how ever the Local Police refused to comment, and I was told by an editor connection I have in the advertising department that the Police told them not to run the story.

I have no doubt in my mind that the other paper I have approached will just do the same and end up not running it.

Also, I have spoken to ACA about this, with not a huge amount of interest in the past. I left feed back via email on the story last night, I’ll just wait to see if they get back to me.

what about chasers war on everything. lol.

i know it sounds stupid but were running out of options on how to defend ourself. soon being a hoon will be bread in because you have no choice. if you are you are... if your not you still are....

Edited by Redback