SAU Community

All my eggs in a basket

Guest Hawk

Orighty, this is my first post here, but i need a few opinions and help on some things wrong with my 1990 Skyline TI. I did a search, but i couldn't find anything that is similar to what i'm after. Any help will be appreciated.

1. When i i turn my wheel to lock, there is a grinding noise until i set it back straight. When i bought the car, it had a silhouette steering wheel put on, so i thought it may have been a problem caused from the change, but i know nothing.

2. My windscreen fluid bottle leaks, so can i pick one up from a wreckers?

3. One of my headlights is out, how do i open up and change the bulb? Also, which bulb should i be buying?

One thing to remember, is i know **** all about cars, so keep it simple. Cheers.

Firstly please dont post in colour. I can hardly read that.

1. Dunno, check the P/S belt. Is it frayed?

2. Yes you can. Lots of Jap wreckers will have these. Phone one from the yellow pages Auto Dismantlers section.

3. Open the bonnet. Look behind the headlight. Unscrew the cap over the bulb. take the bulb out. Take it with you to the nearest auto parts shop. Buy exactly the same bulb for $7 and reverse above to put it back in.

Originally posted by Hawk

Orighty, this is my first post here, but i need a few opinions and help on some things wrong with my 1990 Skyline TI.  I did a search, but i couldn't find anything that is similar to what i'm after.  Any help will be appreciated.

1.   When i i turn my wheel to lock, there is a grinding noise until i set it back straight.  When i bought the car, it had a silhouette steering wheel put on, so i thought it may have been a problem caused from the change, but i know nothing.

2.   My windscreen fluid bottle leaks, so can i pick one up from a wreckers?

3.   One of my headlights is out, how do i open up and change the bulb?  Also, which bulb should i be buying?

One thing to remember, is i know **** all about cars, so keep it simple.  Cheers.

Go to your nearest Autorice bahn and pick up a Gregories manual for the R31. It probably won't have your Series 3 on the cover, rather a series 1. But internally they are basically the same.

• 2 weeks later...

nah don't take it to a mechanic for those problems. it is a waste of money.

it is good to learn how to do things yourself. You have to start somewhere.

As stated above: Buy a gregories service manual. These help a LOT.

1) the noise when turning the wheel will be a power steering problem. check fluid, check for leaks.

if neither of these go to:

r31skylineclub.com and ask or search there. (Great site for R31's)

2) Make sure the hose at the botton hasn't come off hence the leak.

Yes most wreackers will have these.

What state r u in? if melb can recommend some good wreckers.

3) You get to the bulb from behind. Inside the engine bay you will see black rubber covers attached to the back of the light. pull this out then unscrew bulb and take to auto shop.

any more problems just post them up, always happy to help :stupid: