SAU Community

New 19's

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have no time for heavy rims.. the rims you want arn't my cup of tea but i do see the appeal..

I think they look awesome for the look your going for.. I havent seen them before so its good that they arn't common

Id say if you like them that much.. go for it.. but you will see a decrease in performance..

theres a slight diff between 25kg and 8.

25kg + Tyres x 4rims = :blink:

Thats fine. Oh and also the wheels are not yet available in australia for a few months. There just happened to be one at my local bob jane tmarts from the car show on the weekend. and they are light. Zennon believe what you want

DON'T BELIEVE YOU :P

They're only 7" wide, why wouldn't they weigh 8kg... :blink:

Actually put them on a scale and see. My wheels (15x7.5) weigh ~7.5kg each just to give you an idea. These are SSR Mesh wheels too, not some 'cheapo' branded wheels.

Edited by adam-__-

They are not some cheap brand. they are Koya a very strong reliable company within Australia and New zealand. Why am i even bothering argueing. all i wanted was your opinion on how these wheel looked. i dont give a shit about anything else. i know how much they weight so stop talking about it. i just want to have your opinion on how these wheels look.

hahaha sorry about that mate, I personally think that the wheels would look alright if it actually filled out the guards enough. The small spokes would make your brakes look small, but if you're going to upgrade them later on...

Did these manage to clear your front brake calipers okay? I always hear problems of people having to use 5/10mm spacers to clear the brakes.

Shit happens what can you do. when they put the wheels on the grey insert in the wheels blended in very nicely with the colour of the car. the dish is approx. about 12 cms and looks shit hot. Didnt have a problem with brake clearance that i know of.

When people's wheels rub the calipers, it's only a few millimetres that's why they use a 5mm spacer to clear it. If you only trial fitted to see what they look like and not spin the wheels, there COULD be clearance issues.

What are the widths and offsets of the wheels?

Going to be putting 19 x 8.5 on the front and 19 x 9.5 on the rear. I cant tell you the offset right now though. i will have to wait until i get home and find the booklet of information.

Not saying they aren't light just think you might be out with your less-than-8kg estimate :P

under 8kg's for wide 19's are VERY light

I would strongly suggest you weigh them (without tyres) if you can - even if you don't tell us

ps. I think they are good looking wheels and would like to see what they look like on your car

All right they might be a little bit over 8 but the wheel that i was holding was the 20 x 10 and it felt light i wont say a weight this time but i wasnt very heavy at all. i am pissed off at myt self that i didnt get a photo of it though cause my phone died on the way to the shop. :P

INOX Drifters - The exact rim in your pic are in Australia. im almost definate ive seem them on a car. oh and plus the company is australian.... so im not sure what you ment there.

and second. i very much doubt the weight of just 8kg.... .:P...

and third... they do look sweet... but most definatly will make your breaks look tiny weeny... lol

oh and double check the caliper clearence. had this issue my self... did not want to use spacers. ended up going 19" drift Rs and got real good clearence.

Edited by Redback

I have a great camera in my phone. very good quality, but it decided to shit itself.

Redback the wheels are not INOX Drifters. these are the drifters and the vizzo. Totally different

The Vizzo is on the left with the drifters on the right

post-47093-1211950067_thumb.jpg

post-47093-1211950076_thumb.jpg

Edited by jonzie26

my mistake. the reason im showing interest is i was looking at there brand of wheels a while ago... the said everything on there website unless stated in available in australia... and just checked... they are... vizzo........ what is the meaning of INOX... is it a lighter metal.

dude a nismo lmgt4 19x9.5 weighs 9.4 kg... and that's a single peice forged lightweight jap rim.

yours are going to be double that no matter what

and your arms are not a pair of scales... to pick somehting up and say its 8kg is rediculous.

every time i carry my record box it feels the same weight, yet getting on planes it has weighed in from 18 - 24 kgs