SAU Community

Dont Have De-rego Papers

msports180

I baught a car from a member on here and he had the de-rego papers for the car. I am at the stage now when i need them and i cannot get in touch with him. How can i get another copy? The car did not come through a broker, the guy imported it himself.

How long does it taketo get them? Can i comply the car without them??

thanks

If you have the original invoice from whoever sold the car to the other bloke in Japan, try contacting them.

The compliance workshop who applied for the import approval may already have a copy, but I suspect it's them who is hounding you for it. Actually, ask the workshop for the copy of the invoice from the dealer/agent in Japan might be your best shot - the RAW would've needed it when they applied for the import approval in the first place.

If you have the original invoice from whoever sold the car to the other bloke in Japan, try contacting them.

The compliance workshop who applied for the import approval may already have a copy, but I suspect it's them who is hounding you for it. Actually, ask the workshop for the copy of the invoice from the dealer/agent in Japan might be your best shot - the RAW would've needed it when they applied for the import approval in the first place.

I dont have the orignal invoice unfortunatley. And yes its the complience workshop chasing it.

I will ask the RAW what you said about the invoice, and then try contacting them. If that dosent work is there a way i can get it if i have the VIN number? like get it from japan? Is there someone that can do that?

I dont have the orignal invoice unfortunatley. And yes its the complience workshop chasing it.

I will ask the RAW what you said about the invoice, and then try contacting them. If that dosent work is there a way i can get it if i have the VIN number? like get it from japan? Is there someone that can do that?

Another dead end

The raw only has a copy of the import approval. Have someone that can find the de-rego in japan but need a license plate number and that i dont have.

So pretty much screwed, have a car i cannot complience. The guy has fanished and im feeling a tad ripped off!!

I don't understand how the workshop could possibly have got the import approval without some kind of original invoice from Japan as proof of purchase. Anyway, the other place that will have a copy of the invoice would be the customs broker that handled the customs work. Seeing you're from WA, try the usual culprits over there, like Universal Customs Brokers - there's a remote chance they might have done it. Your aim is to get the invoice from Japan, that way you can track down the company who sold the car from over there, as they will probably have a copy of the de-reg.

I'd also be trying to find the person who sold you the car a bit harder too :whistling:

They dont need the Jap dereg. They keep if for their records but can comply the car without it. How do you think workshop compliance cars imported from NZ, US etc. No jap dereg!! If they wont comply it request that it gets signed over to another workshop. What type of car is it? The Stagea?

Edited by Brokenz