SAU Community

Turbo Install - Oil & Water Lines

anyone know y i would be hitting 14psi @about 4500-5000rpm??

would a split dump help?

well from the few dyno sheets ive seen with this turbo on a rb20, they seem to hit about 17psi around at around 110km/h. one chart with a rb22 was hitting that boost at 100km/h.

i dont know what revs that is i assumed 4000 to 4500? 5000revs seems a bit high?

back of the block water line is a mungrel to get too...

ok one more question whats the go with these 2 water lines that branch off the steel water line from the turbo?

the line from the turbo is in the bottom right hand corner & the 2 rubber hoses connect to the steel tee piece from the turbo.

Photo587.jpg

does the braided line in the kit have a tee piece as well to connect to these 2 hoses?

nope 3 lines! 1 to the back of the block and two too turbo side of engine!

3 water lines? nah there should be 2 from the turbo, one goes to the front of the motor somewhere & the other one (which is what im asking about) goes to the back of the head

so i know theres one water line that goes to the back of the engine/head but how does it connect to TWO water lines?

does the kit supplied braided water line have a tee? or can you connect to 1 hose & blank off the other one (thats at the back as well) ?

• 8 months later...