SAU Community

Struggling To Make Boost

Hi everyone, Running a GenT1000 kit on a LS1, having a drama making boost. ive checked all cooler piping and vaccum lines, checked rear wheel on turbo (T51R garrett) and thats fine. next to check is wastegate (bugger of a spot to get off just to check) ive changed bovs out incase they were staying open, but there not.

Problem is its like its struggling to make boost, ive turned boost controller off so it will run spring pressure ( 7psi ) and is only making 3psi. has anyone heard of the tial 44mm gate having dramas like this? if the spring broke would it make more then 7psi boost or would it make less?

Thanks

ps: i tried the search button also :P

Ive discovered that the spring pressures arent really what Tial say they are. I mean, i had a 15psi spring and was making 19psi, then i changed to a 7 pound spring and was making 11 psi.

You'll also notice that the spring rates differ between the GCG Turbos website and Tial USA website for the same spring. For example a large yellow on GCG might be 7psi, but on the us site it'll say its 10psi.

Weird.

kinda what happen to me mine was only making 4pound lol so i took it somewhere apparently my timing was out shit loads and the computer was putting the pounds down coz thats what it was safe to run well thats what the computer was doin

lol, shouldn't you be at www.ls1.com.au?

Or are they too bogan stupid over there to help you?

it isnt engine based problem, people on here a running tial setups aswell as big turbo's. didnt post here to start shit, i came here because most of you would prolly have upgraded turbo setups. Internal gated turbo's are most common with ls1.com.au.

Ive discovered that the spring pressures arent really what Tial say they are. I mean, i had a 15psi spring and was making 19psi, then i changed to a 7 pound spring and was making 11 psi.

You'll also notice that the spring rates differ between the GCG Turbos website and Tial USA website for the same spring. For example a large yellow on GCG might be 7psi, but on the us site it'll say its 10psi.

Weird.

thanks for the reply mate. i might just rip the wastegate out and have a look and see whats happening inside it. ive emailed tial and awaiting there reply regarding the issue aswell.

kinda what happen to me mine was only making 4pound lol so i took it somewhere apparently my timing was out shit loads and the computer was putting the pounds down coz thats what it was safe to run well thats what the computer was doin

thanks for the reply also mate, boost controller doesnt run with the engine management, 2bar map sensor sorts out timing, pressure and fuel etc.