SAU Community

Autosalon 2008

Rbware

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ well yes surprisingly actually.

Last year we had a healthy display of around 10 - 12 cars and won trophies.

There were also a stack of people whinging coz they werent invited... where are they now??

Good work anyway guys to try and get something organised... next time I will be in too.

yeah thanks for that little unusefull input rueben, didnt exactly see you making the effort.

it is actually thanks to ''undecisive'' people like you, why we dont have a display this year.

:D

There were also a stack of people whinging coz they werent invited... where are they now??

Im here, what do you want from me? to put the Aristo in?? Sorry already laughed at that idea before, Dan(sinista) was "whinging" also but he's in Afghan fighting "our war"!! but sorry people, you burn your bridges the first time, dont expect others to come running now when they couldnt the first time,

Wheres the 10-12 cars you had last year?? Oh same place that the "whingers" are........

If that shit happened and we were a "proper club" then id say there would be alot of people walking out of the club, its the only fair and proper way to do things!

Just common sense i would have thought!!

Dont worry guys and girls theres always another 5 car shows in a year you can do, OR start organizing for next year now, so you will deffinatly have the numbers.......

Edited by Deluxe

We always had a strong group of 5 cars, and others such as Flick who were willing to help organise/support.

We stumbled when we reqired a 6th car to confirm it would enter.

Considering SAU's long history of piss week excuses for not attending shows/cruises, confirming the 6th car was essential. There are always those who say they would like to enter, should be ready, almost definite, etc.. and some MAY have made it, but the rules state a minimum of 6.

lol another reason as to why we aren't a car club or cannot commit to events is coz there is way too much whinging/bitching, i might as well go join a year 9 home ec class, theres probably less whinging there. :D teaspoon of cement for all.

From my observation, the organisers changed their minds more often than the 'undecisive' entrants.

Blame the entrants if you want, but the fact remains that I was indeed intending to join in, but had to forewarn you about the timing surrounding a body kit fitment. I thought I was doing the right thing, but myself and others got labelled 'undecisive' because of it, and I for one took offence. Especially when decisions were made and unmade before the close off date. After the on again, off again, on again, off again thread, another was started (this one) and suddenly its back on again! So before you label us undecisive and uncommited try to organise it a bit better from your end next time. :D

I get more comments about the Stag on the street than what I would in some show anyway :(

From my observation, the organisers changed their minds more often than the 'undecisive' entrants.

Blame the entrants if you want, but the fact remains that I was indeed intending to join in, but had to forewarn you about the timing surrounding a body kit fitment. I thought I was doing the right thing, but myself and others got labelled 'undecisive' because of it, and I for one took offence. Especially when decisions were made and unmade before the close off date. After the on again, off again, on again, off again thread, another was started (this one) and suddenly its back on again! So before you label us undecisive and uncommited try to organise it a bit better from your end next time. :D

I get more comments about the Stag on the street than what I would in some show anyway :(

cry_me_a_river.jpg

what changes where made rueben?

care to give an example?

I found it......

I think what he was trying to say is that if the "organizers" didnt pull the pin so early the first time and left it until the last possible date then it might have been a different story, people DO have other things to do apart from Autosalon, so when its cancelled others may have made other plans, these things happen!!

FFS IF YOU REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT TO BE IN AUTOSALON YOU COULD GO IN BY YOURSELF, unless of course you do need someone to hold your hand!!

Edited by Deluxe

the payments where due on the 25th.

we had to be a yes or no answer by then.

shane and guy, organised the FINAL OPPORTUNITY for entry at sundays meeting, and yet, all we got was the same 5 definates.

its like 3 weeks away....so how are we pulling the pin early?

dont bother to answer if your gonna try and be some funny flamin mongrel.

dont bother to answer if your gonna try and be some funny flamin mongrel.

Wasnt doing that at all mate, just pointing out what he was talking about!!

Look these things happen, not everyone can do everything SAU does, like cruising every week or second week, bowling, car shows, dinners!! Some people do have a life out of the interwebs, Its just the way it is!!

what are we talking about again ? :(

there is really no point in discussing this aby further imo.

there will be no display this year, end of story, blame whoever you feel, doesnt bother me, or the other organisers.

we will see what happens next year, maybe we should try the ''selection method''

make people feel special ha ha....

:D

Edited by craig R33

What is disappointing is the fact that Sth Aust SAU is the only state that wont have a Display at Autosalon this year . The he said she said does not matter anymore we tried and it did not happen so thats the end of it.

we will see what happens next year, maybe we should try the ''selection method''

Nah simple just offer it out to whoever wants in, do it early enough for people to save up(if they need) and if there is too many people interested(with a decent amount of time to organize) then either have a vote or do the ol first in best dressed....... Simple i would have thought, gives EVERYONE that wants to be apart of it a chance, not just "this is how it is, and this is who is in because we say so"

But yes this is Sooooooo last year....... :D

Autosalon 08.

Coming up again on August 9-10 .

Anyone organising anything for this??

No SAU this year, not enough interest, Sorry.

ok, all who are definately in please pm 4door sleeper (sorry didnt catch ya name).

we obviously have alot of interest, just not sure what to do with it, im sure flick is still willing to give us a hand with organising.

PM NOW!

PLEASE ALSO BE ADVISED THAT WE HAVE TO HAVE OUR PAYMENTS/ENTRIES IN BY JULY 25TH

OTHER WISE THE ENTRANT FEE IS DOUBLED! cost per car in club display is $90 BEFORE 25TH JULY.

obviously we will haved to budget a little higher than that, for flooring/lighting etc.

Meeting last night went well,

SAU will have a display in this years autosalon

Not to late for others to join though if they have been holding off.

DUE TO LACK OF COMMITTMENT, INTEREST AND PEOPLE PULLING OUT,

THIS YEARS SAU DISPLAY AT AUTOSALON

HAS BEEN CANCELLED.

IT HAS BEEN LEFT TO LATE

WITH THE AMOUNT OF WORK THAT STILL HAS TO BE DONE

TO MAKE A DECENT DISPLAY.

THIS WAS A COMBINED DECISION BY THE ORGANISERS.

SORRY TO ALL THAT WHERE LOOKING FORWORD TO IT.

THANKS.

CRAIG, GUY AND FLICK.

And continued in this thread ...

This is the new thread for the people that want to go in or help with the display of Autosalon 2008 . This is not for the wingers or the my car is not good enough or i have to get a part painted or it cost to much people this is for the people who want to do it for the fun of it .....So if you are one of those people please reply if not move on

There will NOT be an SAU display this year, we only managed to get 5 confirmed entries today, so the plug has been pulled.

Thanks to those who were willing to enter and either attended the meeting or let me know in advance they couldnt make it.

Considering you guys were giving us until the 25th July. Then you squeeze us for numbers, but keep pulling the plug throughout the call up. Then proceed to insult us by calling us uncommitted. Whatever happened to getting entries and fees to you by 25th July? Quit insulting us and we might be enthusiastic to enter. How about you guys show us some commitment by giving us until the 25th to enter, then we'll show you some commitment. You've canceled this 3 times on us now, despite having 10 more days to go.

I'm still keen on entering the Auto Salon. Am I entering as a single ($90) entry, or do you want that 6th person? :P

Peace :laugh:

Edited by RubyRS4