SAU Community

Perth's Most Dangerous/busy Intersections

untitled34

Hello guys

Just wanna make up a listing of all the busiest, most dangerous intersections within perth, north or south of river.

I will start with one, I hate the T junction of tonkin hiway and leach hiway. So busy and so time consuming.

List your experiences, good or bad, what people to look out for etc etc.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mirrabooka Ave and Reid Highway is meant to be one of the dangerous ones..was driving past other day.. Lights out..crazy

Beaufort St and Walcot St in Mt Lawley, so deadly when a car infront of you is trying to turn Right at the lights..

thats all i can think off at the moment

haha, all of a sudden hes a boost junkie...

Worst i can think of is wanneroo rd and neaves rd intersection... used to be bad, really bad, guaranteed a crash every couple of days... though it is much better now the road worx have been done...

wellington st and William st with the new 2 lane.....so confusing as a driver AND a pedestrian

LOL

you KNOW it was a stupid idea when they have to employ dudes to control the traffic in and out of our car park every morning and afternoon peak hour.

Heres an obscure one - (Ash will know what I am on about) The roundabout on Armadale road and Twelfth Ave - especially when you are turning. For some reason people on Armadale road going straight through disregard anyone already ON the roundabout. I personally know 4 people that have been in accidents (2 were write off's) in the last 12 months.

I reckon Leach HWY and Orrong Rd is a pretty big shocker.

You reckon its bad now? I used to have to navigate that thing twice a day before they put the overpass in.

Nightmare.

Anywhere along Guildford Rd anytime (particularly in peak hour) is dangerously scary.

lol yes, especially turning off thru traffic, or dodging other ppl that are.

Illawarra cres & Alexander drive (err, the malaga side) was pretty shit before they put lights in.

hahah only if you were on illawarra wanting to turn right onto Alexander :blink: although the ballajura end was pretty bad too...haven't been down there in yonks though.

Willmott drive and Read street in rockingham...shocker trying to turn right onto read street...heaps of accidents there.

Patterson road and thomas road in Kwinana... coming down thomas to turn left onto patterson... hmm use to be a big sweeping bend with a merge lane but they changed it to a give way.. grrr

all streets in lockridge, dodgy aboriginals throwing bottles and goon bags....

hahhahha its happened plenty of times!

Or, if in Freo, empty CD cases. As my mate found out lol. He just idled past them and made them shit haha.

Mirrabooka Ave and Reid Highway is meant to be one of the dangerous ones..was driving past other day.. Lights out..crazy

Beaufort St and Walcot St in Mt Lawley, so deadly when a car infront of you is trying to turn Right at the lights..

thats all i can think off at the moment

Has anyone done burn outs on the new speed humps in north perth, LOL ehhee

Mirrabooka Ave and Reid Highway is shocking!!!

I've driven past it about 3 times when the lights weren't working,

Doesn't help that I have a semi-phobia of intersections.

Tonkin & Leach.. horrible.

Illawarra and Alexander drive I hearly had an accident at before the lights were installed.

Didn't have proper insurance either

(Just got my p's and still registered as an L plater insurancewise xD)

Waited there for about 20 mins 2 weeks ago wanting to turn left onto Alexander from Illawarra.

Damn lights are frustrating.

Oh, this isnt really an intersection..

Gnangara road is horrible.

Tried to turn onto a side road once (had to cross the other lane)

Traffic wouldn't stop and was stuck for ages.