SAU Community

Anyone Had To Convince Their Parents To Let Them Get Turbo?

detonation

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mum has no idea about cars, but she thinks "Turbo means death". f**king media!!!!

Says she wants to have grandkids... Can someone give me a hand with that one? :ermm:

lol you a lil desperate one aren't ya hahaha

I don't have one yet but my dad doesn't mind and my mum is clueless about cars and hopefully things stay that way.

Having said that I would still get one if my parents were against it. :thumbsup::ermm:

Edited by gersfan

Rhys, tell your mum you need a turbo to attract a member of the opposite gender so you can provide said grandkids :(

I totally agree. U need to the turbo to get the girls. All depends on what type of girls u want to attract!

Anyway, how old r u? Maybe a bit young to have kids? Im 24 and i think im way too young and imature to have kids.

What! 20 and already peaked. What the hell have you done to yourself?

Silly question miss...

Obvious answer..

McKennaBourbon1.jpgcorona.jpgwhite.jpgslate.jpg

Oh yeah, nearly forgot!

1986_VL_Commodore.jpg

A year in one of those!!!111!!:P

Edited by Marco-R34GTT

I'm going on 34 so I did'nt exactly need my parents approval but some sort of positive note from them kind of made me feel better.

Myself: "Some Skylines are turbos"

My Dad: "You dont need a turbo in a car that small"

Once my R33 is bought my Dad has fun outrunning speeding b double trucks on the way home from Adelaide so I got my positive note eventually :P

My mum has no idea about cars, but she thinks "Turbo means death". f**king media!!!!

Says she wants to have grandkids... Can someone give me a hand with that one? :google:

hmm. think you'll need more than a hand :down:

Edited by Pal

Rhys, tell your mum you need a turbo to attract a member of the opposite gender so you can provide said grandkids :cool:

I'm so trying that. Your a geniuos :D

I totally agree. U need to the turbo to get the girls. All depends on what type of girls u want to attract!

Anyway, how old r u? Maybe a bit young to have kids? Im 24 and i think im way too young and imature to have kids.

I'm 18, but I still live at home. Therefore my parents can kick the car out of the garage (they're threatened that) and I HATE parking it outside, no matter where it is!

hmm. think you'll need more than a hand :D

BAHAHAHA!!! Good point Eric.

Female anotomy?

um i think it went something like this "hey mum check out my new car cool aya ............. oh by the way the missus dumped me and im moving home"

pretty sure the whole car thing didnt register for at least a week and now i takeup half the shed with car crap and theyre trusting me to take care of the house for 2 years while their in canada go figure

Karl... I'm going to have about $500 in my account soon. $1200 painting the new kit, $800 on tyres, $2500 on insurance... My account is drained :D Gonna stop (hopefully) spending money on my car, and put it up for sale when I have $5k. Then with the money I get from the sale, I'll be able to afford a GTS-t! And all the shit that comes with it :banana:

Anyone want to buy my R33 GTS for $160k so I can afford an R35??? Come on, you know you want to!

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• back when I had my Ceffy (auto RB20DET) I remember the wiring being a mashup of R31 GTSR and S13, and not really R32. It all made sense when I realised the Ceffy started production in 88 and the Skyline in 89.   We ended up hand tracing a lot of it while trying to add an alarm/immobiliser etc.
    • wao, this page is good https://v8roadsters.com/product-category/engine-conversions/engine-conversion-lsx/engine-conversion-lsx-nab/
    • No worries.  I have a set of Zeals to get me through for the moment but would definitely be interested in a full set of Bilsteins. Are you doing race support these days? I drove past the Bend when I picked up the 260 rs but never driven the course. How does it compare to SMSP? I'll be at SMSP tomorrow afternoon and on the 26th of June in the morning. I'll be in a very loud (straight through exhaust and straight cut gears) silver R35 GTR. Cheers, Andrew  
    • Hey all. I'm up to doing my oil and water feed lines. Has anyone done a tutorial on this on a 25det Neo? ( I know i should be asking for a tutorial on how to use the search instead, but I couldn't find anything specific) I'm running a Pulsar 3584 on a 6 boost manifold. I could use some advice on what fittings, sizes and where to run the lines. Thanks for any help.  
    • Hi, I have someone interested, if it falls through I'll let you know.  I have a brand new set of fronts that  I sourced from Bilstein UK, now revalved and complete with springs to go with the very lightly used rears, if you are interested in a full set. As Duncan has mentioned this is not my job, I sold my suspension business over 10 years ago, but I am here to help when I have the time.  To give you some idea of my schedule I was at SMSP for the State Championship for 4 days the weekend before last.  Then The Bend for 4 days last week and back at SMSP testing this week, a day visit to One Raceway, then the SMSP Day Night meeting the weekend after.  I was hoping to squeeze in a dyno day with Scott on my R32 this week, but that's not going to happen, that's the second time I have had to postpone. Apologies if my responses are slow.   Cheers Gary