SAU Community

275/40-18 On R33 Gtr

Hey guys, the time has come to change the tyres on the GTR and I currently have 256/35-18 but am thinking I would not mind going a little wider and with a little more profile. The car sits quiet low and if I decide to put my coilovers back in then it will sit even lower so I think the profile will give the car some much needed height. Apart from that I think the 40 will make it a little nicer to drive everyday?

My main question is do you guys think they will fit or should I sick with the 256/35/18? From what I can gather there will be approx 3.8% delay in the Speedo from stock but that doesn’t worry me too much. I just don’t want any scraping.

Thanks in advance.

PS: wheels are 18x9.5 (not sure of offset)

we NEED to know the offset to be able to tell u.

I think the offset is +18

There are a few markings on the back:

18x9J 18

H/2

AVS18-1

94/5

The wheels are Yoko AVS model 6.

Thanks in advanaced.

I think the offset is +18

There are a few markings on the back:

18x9J 18

H/2

AVS18-1

94/5

The wheels are Yoko AVS model 6.

Thanks in advanaced.

For 18 x 9 +18 rims, i suggest you stick to the 265 wide tyres.

If you want, get a wider set of rims 18 x 10 with a lower offset, but i'm pretty sure you'll have to roll your guards then.

This thread might be quite useful actually.

Click

For 18 x 9 +18 rims, i suggest you stick to the 265 wide tyres.

If you want, get a wider set of rims 18 x 10 with a lower offset, but i'm pretty sure you'll have to roll your guards then.

This thread might be quite useful actually.

Click

The guy at the tyre shop i have been using said he thinks they should fit, BUT if anything they may scrape at the front on full lock for the first few k's so after a one wheel dummy fit we went ahead and did them. Amazingly however they do not scrape at all. I went on the dunlop website and 9" was the minimum rim width for their 275 so all is good I guess. I will let you guys know how i go.

Thanks for the input.

BTW: tyres are sp9000

I'm running 275/35ZR18 on my R33 GT-R. I get a bit of scraping at the front on full lock but i have no trouble with the guards and suspension travel.

I'm running Volk TE37 18x10.5, not sure of the offset, i bought already set up.

Guys I take back what I said! They to rub a little front and back (I think) I just noticed when I got home. Only on full lock on the front and rear plastics surrounding the front wheel, they are no where near the guards or any suspension components. I hope that helps people in the future.

To be honest I am quiet disappointed they run but I don’t think its enough to make a big deal about as its extremely small. The noise is so little that I could not even hear it. I think after a spirited drives the rubbing will go.

Guys I take back what I said! They to rub a little front and back (I think) I just noticed when I got home. Only on full lock on the front and rear plastics surrounding the front wheel, they are no where near the guards or any suspension components. I hope that helps people in the future.

To be honest I am quiet disappointed they run but I don’t think its enough to make a big deal about as its extremely small. The noise is so little that I could not even hear it. I think after a spirited drives the rubbing will go.

I cut out a few sections of the plastic inner, just to be safe.