SAU Community

engine cleaning

I had the same problem when I got my car. Take it to a professional car detailer and they can get it spotless for a good price. :)

Find a car detailer that knows what their doing - don't wanna get crap in the electronics!:uh-huh:

Guest Boxhead

the do it yourself way, is to get some rags, put some degreaser on the rags, and wipe at the metal stuff... and wuith another rag, use armorall on the plastic hoses.. that will make em black tooo...

if you really know whats under the hood, then you can pull hoses off and stuff to clean.. that way they get better cleaned.. but i dont know enough to take hoses off yet

Guest Boxhead

on all the metal work thats painted... wipe it up with a wet rag, then wax it.. the firewall and all, also when you go to sell the car, do it the day before any one looks at it.. it looks like the person has really taken car of the car

Try covering all your electricals with garbage bags, shopping bags etc...

Get a can or so of degreaser, spray it wherever it wont hurt then wash it down with a hose...

Let it sit for a little while then wipe it all down with a nice clean rag, and then get all the hard to reach spots with a rag...

Use silvo or watever for any metal stuff and a bit of tyre shine or armoroil is always good on theblack stuff..Just dont put it on anything important...

use a bit of polish on the paint...

Disclaimer: Don't blame me if anything goes wrong!!!

This is what I do for my car...

:looney:

Guest Boxhead

you cant really go wrong if you use some of that stuff.. whats it called.. common sense.. as in, if it looks electrical, it prolly is.... dont soke it in water!