SAU Community

Spare Key

hotchoc

bunnings

or any locksmith in a shopping center.

It won't interfere with your alarm/immobilizer, but I know on my mums lancer, the immobilizer chip is part of the key... if 34s are the same and you retain factory immobilizer, i dont think the key will start the car, only open doors, boot etc.

the original keys looks normal - don't think there's an immobilizer on it ?

bunnings sd dodgy if you know wat i mean.

any pro shop ? don't wanna waste the 75 bucks key if anything goes wrong

Key cutting is the equivalent of tracing a picture, you only get key cutting problems when its a copy of copy of a copy etc

2jcg55k.jpg

Been told by the alarm guy that the new key will only allow me to access my boot and open the doors but it will not start the car due to a built in immobilizer in the original key (see pic)

Any way of bypassing this with the new key i intend to cut : http://www.nengun.com/nismo/key (the Nismo 10 point Master Key)

Edited by hotchoc

does the autowatch alarm have an immobiliser built in?

i thought it did

any auto electrician should be able to sort it out, just tell them you want the alarm to do everything and not the key

im using the same alarm as you with the turbo timer built in. the keys can only start the car and the doors and boot. the immobilizer is with the alarm so it should be easy for an alarm installer to do it.