SAU Community

Separate Boost Cont v ECU combo

I dont know a whole lot about the various options but are looking into buying a FMIC, and logically, a boost controller with it. However, just wondering what the opinions/experience is with having a separate boost controller or using combo with a new computer (ie boost controll kit with an Apexi Power FC). I am looking at a GReedy FMIC and a GReddy PRofec B Spec II EBC. However, want to replace ECU with Apexi Power FC in the near (income willing) future. As a result, considering the boost control kit as part of Apexi stuff. Just means i need to buy it all at once i suppose? Does anyone know much about the Apexi boost control kit, ie i suppose all control of it is done through a commander right? (this makes me think i will go the separate EBC). Thanks in advance.

Matt

I will be getting my power FC + commander (hand controller) and boost controller in the next few weeks. As far as I know you will need the commander to change settings for the boost controller. Boost controller for the power FC uses the same solenoid as the avc-r.

my suggestion would be.... if you are going to get a power fc but dont want to get it all at once just get a cheap adjustable boost controller (around $70)... obviously it wont be electronic for this price... but once you have got the power fc + commander you can get the boost controller to go with it later on....

Sorry if any of this doesn't make sense.... just drove home from qld in a 180 so I am a bit tired...

Many people here are currently using either the PFC boost controller or another brand, type etc of EBC. This has been covered a few times before. Do a quick search and you'll get some great info.

Adrian