SAU Community

Help With Exhaust For R33 S2 Gts-t

ENVD33

Hey guys,

my mind has been flooded with alot of random info from alot of people now in regards to an exhaust system. i would like your oppinions.

ok so here we go, i am looking at upgrading my exhaust and would like something with a smooth tone nothing too "droney" and was looking at possibly going with a Hks hi power silent, but have seen 2 varieties, 1 is full stainless cat back with a mufler in the middle, and the other is a mild steel system with a "hotdog" type mufler, so im a little confused there, ( has 1 replaced the other or what?) i am now also looking at two of hte trust systems, the trust power extreme 2 silent, and the trust power extreme Ti, will be looking at also doing front pipe and dump pipe in the near future, and have found that the trust front pipe is mild steel and not stainless, what is alos better and is there if any difference apart from looks Mild steel dump/front pipe, vs stainless?

has anyone had any experiences with the trust cat back pipes that i mention, and what are your thoughts, and are they in stainless or mild, hotdog or mufler configuration.

your thoughts and help please.

basically i want a reasonable not too loud exhaust that is stainless steel from dump to tip and would LIKE it to be one brand :banana:

can someone please help here.

the mild steel will produce a deeper sound when compared to the stainless

mild steel is cheaper and can rust if not painted/treated whereas stainless wont rust

3inch piping from the turbo back is what most people go for, not too loud and isnt restrictive

there are a lot of threads about exhausts, just use the search feature and you'll find what you're looking for mate :banana:

Edited by inthisglass

From what I have heard the Trust PEII is quite restrictive.

I've got a Kakimoto Regu 06&R, which sounds good and doesnt drone. At normal cruising its not much different than the stock Nismo exhaust I had.

I've also heard good things about one of the Fujitsubo as a quiet alternative.

As for the dump, I got one of the BOS/BATMBL. I think its the best design split/dump and front pipe in one.

I have a Trust PEII and I wouldnt say its restrictive. I make good power and it made a large difference when I put it on from stock.

Add to the fact that I have driven almost 60,000km with it on in the past 12 months with no defects and no cops giving me greif about it when I get pulled in for rbt's etc I would have to say its an awesome exhaust!