SAU Community

Modifying R33 Gtst

zonk

zonk - I'm making 216rwkw on my auto R33, now limited by injectors.

Mods:

FMIC

walbro fuel pump

Link G4 ECU

Full 3"inch exhaust from turbo back

Hybrid T04 Garrett turbo, internal waste gate (Running at 12psi)

You don't have to upgrade the turbo for 200+rwkw, but no telling how long it will last.

Btw you can go full ECU on an auto R33, its recommended you also install a shift kit and larger trans cooler. I haven't bothered with these tho as I'm going to manual mine later.

I wasted money on an SAFC II only to upgrade to the Link G4 later, I recommend you go straight to a full ECU replacement.

Edited by daxter

A 2nd hand gtr fuel pump would be fine, but for how cheap bosch and warlbro pumps are, you may as well give yourself peace of mind and get something brand new.

in terms of ecu, daxter is right, there are ecus that can do auto trans, but if you dont want to go over 200rwkws, or far from it, a safc would be a cheaper alternative, as that will easily get the job done. I dont know much at all about r33 autos, so someone correct me if im wrong, but i would imagine they will handle 200 rwkws piss easy. If you want to keep modding the car down the track, ie bigger turbo etc etc then definitely go for a full ecu replacement.

Bear in mind that when you start making more power out of your car, the modfying bug WILL bite you and before you know it after swearing like i did "200rwkws is as far as i want to go, any more would be silly and out of my budget, 200 rwkws is fast enough" here i am looking at prices for injectors and turbo kits haha.