SAU Community

Kiwi Boy!

kozmoz

Hey all,

Im from New Zealand, just joined these forums recently from awsome reading and am currently in the build proccess of my own RB30, but with a twist. this engine is going into and E30 BMW, the reason for this is because with my dad being one of the biggest bmw wreckers in NZ i would be silly not to and i love my E30's and i love the skyline engines and this is something very new to me and is going to be a hell of project. Also helps that my dad is very resourceful and known, cheap stuff for me! :laugh: hah i hope. Also have the resources to a full workshop incl hoists, jacks, engine stands and pretty much all the general tools you would expect, and the knowledge of a 30 year mechanic i work for part time atm.

oh btw im 17 hah forgot to mention :cool:

Thanks all and cya on the forums!

• 5 months later...

Hey Sam,

Glad to see another Kiwi here. Your BMW conversion sounds like a pretty exciting project. Great that you can get the old man to lend you a hand, it is excellent bonding time. A Skyline motor into a BMW is a far cry from my own car project at 17 (I put a 1500 cortina motor into a 1964 Ford Anglia) Ah, times change. It goes without saying that your project is going to be a heck of a lot harder :D . Good luck with it all, and post a few pics when it is all finished (hmm, the original post was oct 2008, you must almost be finished by now).

cheers,

Tom Carr

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Okay I must of got my letters wrong instead of hp  I’d like to make 450-600kw i know it’s quite easy to make it on an RB I already got the turbo for free so it’s brand new the aeroflow 62 .84 T51r mod already done T4 flange can I change it to a t3   but please tell me how 
    • rebuilding is a straightforward option too, the only thing to keep in mind is non-genuine boots are likely to be much worse quality rubber and need replacing about 10x as often.
    • Yeah, great guy that Matt, giving very comprehensive emails with quick responses. He told me it’ll be plug and play for the ECU, which may potentially get me out on track at 600kph by the end of the month or June.    Anyone wanna buy a HKS SLD..
    • I was looking into the uniclutch, as something that doesn't rattle, dampens and holds horsepower is the dream.   They didn't seem super confident on the power holding though.  Could just be covering themselves, which is understandable.   "The 10in sport Uniclutch can handle a peak of 1100Nm at the flywheel, not sure how that translates to HP. As for the power output of your engine, I would suggest holding for the UniClutch Track, I feel the 1000HP will have a higher torque rating then what the Sport will be able to handle, We have fitted prototype track clutches to a number of street/track test vehicles now and have found pedal effort to be reasonable. It is very similar to OE pedal feel. and would fall within the torque capacity of the Uniclutch Track."   The track clutch loses the dampening and rattles(?) I believe though.... don't quote me
    • I think this is applicable for most. My car was ~2,000,000 JPY in 2020 Total expenses are around ~5,000,000 JPY excluding fuel. Selling price could be anywhere between ~5,000,000 JPY to ~7,000,000 JPY depending on how desperate the American. Sure, I could have stored it in that time but there are still storage costs “carry costs” as we call it in industry - insurance, garage, electricity, maintenance, etc. and possibly made 100% (nominal return), but I don’t think that’s why most of us are here. Apologies for the deviation.