SAU Community

Fuel Pump Playing Up

Jum

I was out for a 'spirited drive' the other night and I pulled over for 5min to have a chat wiith some other people. I came back to my car and it was off. Tried to start it and it cranked over but didnt start. Turned the key off and waited 10sec then tried again and it fired up like normal.

I thought it might just have been because i was parked on an incline of a hill. When we left I took off down the road and the car died again.. It was like I just turned the key off.

I tried to crank it over a few times and it wouldnt fire. I noticed the fuel pump wasnt priming up when turning the car to ON.

long story short we reset the ECU which didnt help. check the fuses.. all fine, gave the relays in the engine bay a few flicks and jump started the car (went flat from trying to crank over) The car started and i managed to make it home (30min drive).

Now the car had been tuned 2 days prior and nothing went wrong there. The pumps a walbro also

Has anyone had any similar experiences? I did some search and came across that the fuel pump relay is actually in the boot which rules out me thinking flicking the relays may have fixed it

Do fuel pumps just die and come back to life like that? Or could this be more of a relay problem?

i dont kno if this is gona help or not but i was driving my car n it suddenly died on me n i had to get it towed home... the car stil started but died after abit. the main problem was the fuel pump gettin blocked but also all the connections in wiring plug in the boot for the fuel pump were crap so i bypassed the plug and since then the fuel pump has been fine and my fuel gauge even started workin again :( ... also check the wiring inside the fuel sender unit... i took mine out n the wires wer jus twisted n taped n had come loose...

sorry if i wasnt much help :D