SAU Community

Do Want Clutch....

Finny

Hi guys,

I got my skyline running quite nicely now.

I put a brand new exedy H/D organic clutch in when I put my new RB30DET in. I would have put something more suited in but I had it lying around as I brought it to be use on my old RB25DET.

Any way, with the exedy H/D organic in I get clutch slip under boost... I am running 1.8 bar of boost but yeah... it kinda sucks.

It slips pretty majorly, So I need to get my self a new clutch.

But being that I just spent every cent I own on my new engine setup I don't really have any thing left to replace the clutch.

I could prolly spend up to $2000 on a clutch but I just can't find any thing in that price range that will handle the power I am making.

I am pushing 330RWKW and I was going to put a NOS kit in it to push it over 400RWKW when I got greedy but now that I think about it I don't think my gearbox, diff, tail shaft or half shafts would like that very much so I will probably have to stay at 330RWKW.

I am not a fan of on/off type button clutches as this is mainly a road car.

I would like a single plate type setup with massive clamping pressure but I am open to ideas of twin plates that can handle the power.

Also yes I am in Tasmania and I need it fitted as I am lazy and cbfed doing it my self, Any one know of a place that can set me up?

I could prolly spend up to $2000 on a clutch but I just can't find any thing in that price range that will handle the power I am making.

I am pushing 330RWKW and I was going to put a NOS kit in it to push it over 400RWKW when I got greedy but now that I think about it I don't think my gearbox, diff, tail shaft or half shafts would like that very much so I will probably have to stay at 330RWKW..

I would like a single plate type setup with massive clamping pressure but I am open to ideas of twin plates that can handle the power.

Wow this thing must be a monster, all this talking up and what not. Wake up and smell the roses, you arent the first person to make an estimated 330kw....Jim Berrys full monty will handle alot more than that KKR will throw at it.

Edited by shane_180sx

instead of getting a new clutch setup, look into just beefing the springs up in the setup you have, for my VS ute i have an xtreme clutch setup and 10.5" organic plate with the springs beefed up and its rated at clamping 400+hp, but no doubt you can get high clamp springs to handle higher, could work out cheaper than getting a new setup.

shut up shane_180sx I don't want to hear your dribble.

Just wait until I post up dyno sheet so you can then shut your mouth.

I ordered a Jim Berry full monty so this should hold up nicely.

So post away...

If its been on the dyno then you should have a sheet...

Or did you end up deciding again that all Tas Tuners are crap and did it yourself and worked out power the the seat of your scrawny little pants???

You said above that you were pushing 330rwkw and were going to use NOS to get 400???

As for shane_180sx, he did all the mods on mine when the twins went on, plenum, fuel system...

But keep us updated at when you make 400rwkw. Mine will be on the rollers in a month or so then we can compare numbers

Hear my dribble?? Every post you have made is about how good your car is.....looks like an abortion to me. Those coil packs will get nice and hot when that cheap shit chinese exhaust manifold starts glowing after that good quality KKR pushes more heat than air thru that ebay intake manifold.

How the hell can you say that there isnt a clutch out there that can handle the power you are making for $2000???

Ive fitted two of Jims clutches now, and i know first hand the power they put up with... more than you will ever make.

Hurry up and get it on the dyno, everyone is itching to have a laugh at you buddy :(

Edited by shane_180sx

how much did you pay for the clutch mate, i'm looking for one for my 25 aswell and how do you contact this bloke??

I got a hold of his phone number.

I don't have it on me but I do remember his e-mail address he told me. [email protected]

He should respond fairly quick.

Cost me $1200 + GST + postage.

He can also rebuild your current clutch depending on what it is so this would save you some $s. roughly $300 cheaper if you send your clutch off for him to rebuild. He does all kinds of clutches so you really need to call him before he can tell you a price.

Also I was giving a power figure so you guys knew what clutch would best suit my car. I investigated Jim Berry clutches but found it hard to get a hold of him then after talking to some performance shops they all said triple plates were the way to go. I quoted 300RWKW to the shops. But obviously you want to over quote your power rating when buying a clutch so you don't get something that is on its limits.

I basically said the best possible situation as I don't want a clutch that is going to slip on me. I know that the KKR560 is not big enough for my setup but I have talked to the guys at otomoto and they said 330RWKW would be the most you would get from a KKR560 and I don't see why my engine can't push it to it's limits. I am going to a KKR720X I am just waiting on the first of these turbos to be released from otomoto.

I wanted response from this car more than a power figure and with this KKR560 I have 0.5bar of boost at 2500rpm and full boost at around 3100rpm. (I have a video to prove this)

Also Coil packs getting hot... WTF!!! I took my car for a thrashing pulled over, exhaust was very hot but I could put my hands on the coil packs and they where cold.

They sit right up against the back of the bonnet. If I do have any heat issues I will relocate them to the intake site, big deal. They are still a much better option than stock coils.

I no longer have that chinese exhaust manifold on there and I know they are crap. The intake manifold though is far from crap, it was engineered in Japan not china, It's very nice and smooth inside and has a 100mm throttle body... what else could you ask for.

I have a forged RB30DET ffs.... 300+RWKW is nothing for any forged RB30DET. I will get it on dyno as soon as I get this clutch fitted and we will see what it makes. If the thing doesn't pull a power figure near my estimations then I will be ripping that turbo of, going strait to a big Garret and back on the dyno for an update tune and power figure. Big deal... its not like I am trying to pull huge numbers out of a stock RB25DET or something.

Edited by Finny