SAU Community

Exhaust On R34

R34P3R

hey guys,

currently im unable to decide whether to put an exhaust system in my car. right now the stock one is alright but i want to have the noise sometimes. my friends integra sounds really great with one, deep but not too much and i want one like that but i also like it being quiet as well. when driving around at night its nice having the car nice and quiet also the cops dont look at you until they here the *whooosh*.

what are your thoughts?

Thanks

Sunny

That would be the next upgrade i would choose. There are aftermarket systems that aren't that loud depending on mufflers used. Im sure there are people on here that have nice sounding exhausts without being overly loud.

Not me though.. :D

try get a hks silent system, not sure if they make them for the gtt's but can have a look. they are quite when not on boost but has a good note when on boost. plus rb's have a sxc exhaust note, why deny it of its speach :D if u get my drift:P

Edited by jivlah

If you just want a nice sound, there are some pretty good cat-back systems out there.

Get one that you think looks good, cause there are some pretty ugly looking exhaust systems out there.

If you want some performance go for a turbo back. Dump pipe, Front pipe, Highflow metal cat and cat-back all in 3"

They make HKS Silent Hi-Power for r34 as i have it on mine with with xforce cat and jjr front pipe. I love it. Really shows off the RB tone and not droney.

U can come for a spin if ur comin to that carshow thing on the weekend if you like.

Umm Well I got a 3' Custome Straight exhaust made Decat as well Its not to bad (minus the screamer pipe)

Like MAGIC said HKS Silent Hi-Power are good with the high flow.

No troubles with cops with my zast.

If you need anything custom done Cheap let me know :P

how much is the difference between a catback and a turbo back system?

turbo back is a lot more responsive and will come on boost lil bit harder. Most ppl just start with the cat back and then go front pipe & cat at the same time later down the track. Not sure how much they are now but my HKS cat back cost me $990 at the beginning of the year, so as u can see its best to take it in steps. :)

well cat-back systems consist of the exhaust set up from the catalytic converter to the cannon. turbo back refers to from turbo back so includes high flow cat, 3" dump, 3" front pipe.

you should notice better power in the high rev ranges with a turbo back system as it allows the exhaust gases to flow less restrictively. and there will be a slight/ if noticable exhaust note difference between the two.

but definitely invest in a exhaust system in the near future.

Well in that case Turbo back be the best buying for money as it will give you more power and a smoother flow,

Front pipe of r34 $249 ish Just jap, then buy a High Flow cat (depends what brand) and a muffler with pipping be around 1k for a custom Zaust

here's mine, Trust PE 2 with high flow cat and split front/dump pipe. it sounds heaps better in real life though, the video isn't the best but you get the idea.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=bE4ye0wrKS8&...feature=channel

just a tip, remove that youtube video asap. The boys in blue are known to search through public forums like this for that stuff, as well as youtube. Your number plate can be seen as clear as day. They can use that for a hoon charge, just be careful. Next time take your plates off :huh:

Edited by R34GTFOUR

yeah cheers for the heads up mate, i thought they would have better things to do than watch my videos lol. but i took it down anyway, might do some editing then put it back up again. but R34P3R you should be able to find vids of pretty much all the good cat back systems on youtube. or you could just watch my bungy jump video lol it's good for a laugh.

Edited by charlie22

no worries, you'd think cops would have better things to do but unfortunately they dont haha

if you every out n about filming in remote areas just leave a screwdriver or appropriate sized socket in your car to undo your plates, but i dont know much about that...