SAU Community

Ride Height Issue...

R-SPEC

i've noticed that with my car, the rear/passenger side is always 5mm-10mm lower than my rear/driver side (judging by how it sits on the tyres)

is this normal? does it sit level once the car is in "D"rive? ot is it just the uneven ground surface?

any help would be great as its kinda annoying me coz im very fussy.

ps. this is the same with stock suspension + after trying out 2 different types of coilovers

thanks

My car is exactly the same maybe slightly lower! Ive had it checked out by two different suspension shops and neither picked up on anything that could be causing the problem! next step is either replacing the bushes (cant seee how this will pick up 10-15mm) or sending the shocks back to fulcrum, shocks are tein super streets, for a look (i hear this is not cheap though!)

hmmm weird

my previous skyline was also like this (lower than 10mm though) and that was an r33 gts4

i havent had a detailed look at it but at a quick check while my rims were off everything seemed normal...

if its still got the standard bushes, it wouldnt take much for them to lower it 10mm... you gotta also remember when your hooking round round-a-bouts etc, that your left hand front wheel gets loaded to the max... wearing the bushes faster than the right. its also not a simple strut set up like the s13s etc.. youve got the top control arm bushes, castor rod bushes, lower control arm bushes... all these only need to be give a small amount of play to flog out and sit lower.

its also completly possible that your car has twisted over the years.