SAU Community

Will I Need Injectors + Fuel Pump?

existence

hey guys.. just a quick question

im getting my car dyno tuned and a vipec installed on friday, and getting the boost control set to 10 and 16psi.

car is a

96 s2 rb25det

kkr 430 turbo

fmic

just wondering if im gonna run out of fuel when shes all tuned up and running schmick, a mate has said i might with the power il be running

thanks!

hey guys.. just a quick question

im getting my car dyno tuned and a vipec installed on friday, and getting the boost control set to 10 and 16psi.

car is a

96 s2 rb25det

kkr 430 turbo

fmic

just wondering if im gonna run out of fuel when shes all tuned up and running schmick, a mate has said i might with the power il be running

thanks!

don’t expect much power from the kk430, i'd look out for boost issues if your running a internal wastegate?

you will need a new fuel pump eg: 040 or walbro, injectors will run very close to max and your AFM will max out if your going to run 16psi

i suggest:

bosh 040 or walbro

bigger injectors

z32 AFM

keep us updated, keen to see the end result

here is a recent build that i just finished for a friend of mine, might give you some good info.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Mo...st-t239039.html

cheers!

:(

yeh mate internal wastegate at the moment, iv been well informed about the boost issues. read your thread too.

at the moment going off my boost guage it doesnt go past 12psi, reckon that will be a problem? mate said he has seen them creep to 18psi :S

also with the ecu im getting (vipec) it doesn't use an AFM, its map sensored or whatever its called (don't really know much at all about this - anyone who is bored feel free to explain it to me, i need to do alot of reading over the next few days !).

So you think il need a new fuel pump definitely, il see how it goes on the dyno and post results etc over the weekend!\

oh by the way all the work is being done at godzilla motorsport

yeh mate internal wastegate at the moment, iv been well informed about the boost issues. read your thread too.

at the moment going off my boost guage it doesnt go past 12psi, reckon that will be a problem? mate said he has seen them creep to 18psi :S

also with the ecu im getting (vipec) it doesn't use an AFM, its map sensored or whatever its called (don't really know much at all about this - anyone who is bored feel free to explain it to me, i need to do alot of reading over the next few days !).

So you think il need a new fuel pump definitely, il see how it goes on the dyno and post results etc over the weekend!\

oh by the way all the work is being done at godzilla motorsport

i'd be very surprised if you don’t get boost creep, they all do it and just unavoidable.

with the supporting mods, your fuel pump may or may not be enough you just don’t know in what condition it's in. this also comes down to reliability, why would you want to risk your car leaning out and causing serious damage to your engine which will result in a rebuild.

same goes for your injectors, you will be running them on max and it’s just not safe and will limit the amount of boost you can run.

if your going with the MAP sensor option there is no need for a AFM so no need to worry about that then.

i suggest you go with a bigger pump and injectors to ensure you have enough fuel to keep it safe and to achieve the desired result.

:ph34r:

i'm in the same boat but i have a power fc and kkr480, i was looking at injector and pump for it.

Can you change it to be externally wastegated??

i'm in the same boat but i have a power fc and kkr480, i was looking at injector and pump for it.

Can you change it to be externally wastegated??

pretty sure you can weld it up so that it requires an external, dont ask me how though lol.

just been looking at turbos to buy and saw a couple that had been made into external.

Ps good luck with the build up existence, definatley replace the pump atleast (old and worn out) mine is about to crap itself and im only running bit above stock power.

be best to keep an eye on the fueling side as well so get yourself a decent fuel pump and injectors.

my 34 has the mods listed below in my sig my im maxing out my stock injectros and it pings at high boost so upgrading them next week to 480cc. better to be safe then sorry mate.

save up a little more dosh and get it done properly. get yourself a highflow fuel pump and decent injectors. fuel pumps are not that pricey its the injectors that are the killer, but its better to have everything and take it and et it all tuned at once as you will be saving on getting the injectors tuned again.

if your interested in injectros check out power flow injections here in melbourne. they quoted me $840 for 480cc injectors for my 34 http://www.powerflowinjection.com/ and so far they have been the cheapest.

so ye get you pump and injectors first before you try and tune it for high boost or you will end up spending more money on a rebuild.

or if you really really really wanna get it put on asap put it all in but tune it to a safe boost so around 200rwkw till you can afford to upgrade the injectors and pump