SAU Community

R34 2 Stage Boost.

R34P3R

hey hey hey, if anyones car is dodgy, ITS MINE... seriously, have you seen this pig!!... Andrew you should take me up on my offer for the bodykit, seeing as your selling and all,, besides, bodykit wont make much diff with sale anyways... either way ill see you tomorrow, we can chat!!...lol

Love you...lol

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry just a quick note on the petrol. I know its OT but the mods can just split the topic if one notices?

The taxing of commodities like petrol in an economy like ours with the limited resources available and the environmental impacts that burning it has should always be quite high. This discourages consumption and forces people to look towards alternate means which a) preserves the life of the rare resource and b) reduces the environmental effects of the petrol. Granted with a commodity so widely used and depended upon steep jumps in price are never a good thing as it causes push inflation and reduces discretionary spending which slows growth. Considering the current financial crisis and the slowdown in growth worldwide the reduction in the price of petrol is really quite well timed to stimulate a bit of action in the economy.

On a final note, electric cars. The amount of emmissions and greenhouse gases released in the production of the batteries for those things means that you have to drive the car for something like 5 years ( cant remember the exact figure) before the savings in petrol actually make up for the huge production emissions. However noone seems to want to hear that.

On a final note, electric cars. The amount of emmissions and greenhouse gases released in the production of the batteries for those things means that you have to drive the car for something like 5 years ( cant remember the exact figure) before the savings in petrol actually make up for the huge production emissions. However noone seems to want to hear that.

There are no environment effects in producing petrol then?

5 years is not very long at all.

And once electric powered vehicles actually get into mass production like petrol powered vehicles, the cost will reduce, we will get better at making them, and that 5 year 'gap' may all but dissipate.

But after that 5 years electric cars would have little to no impact on the environment, Depending on how the energy is captured to charge the batteries of course.

Any way back on topic.

I just did the mod this morning and took my car for a quick spin, 1st an 2nd gears are completely different now.

Didn't really want to flog it tho because it's so hot today, Should give a fair increase in power when the ambient air is colder.

But ur selling it...?

who cares if i'm selling it...

you're selling your car too right?

not because you don't like it, but because you want something better?

well that's why i'm selling, it's a nice car, i can just get something better seeing as though i've had the car for around a year now

I'm selling mine because its non-turbo and it'll cost to much to convert.

Andrew, your car is one of the best looking GTTs in Perth. Work on the engine and interior to make it the full package. You know I think your an idiot for wanting to sell it, but I'll just remind you in case you've forgotten!

It's pretty easy. Essentially, theres a sensor which has a white and a black wire going into it. Cut the black wire and ground it to a nut (closest and easiest one is the Strut bar bolt).

Once thats done, start the car and give it a boot!

how do you go about this, the wire will not reach from what i can tell. do you just join a piece to it for the extra length? how easy is it to get that bolt off and back on on the strut bar?

Edited by Rucker34

From what I was told, the R34 wires wont reach, but there is no reason why you cant just cut and solder a longer piece of wire to it.

That strut bar bolt (if its the same as the R33 one, which I cant see why it isnt) is just a normal 14mm bolt. Get a ratchet, 14mm socket, give it a wack with your hand to get it started, take it off, ground the wire, tighten the bolt up again, and its all done!!

From what I was told, the R34 wires wont reach, but there is no reason why you cant just cut and solder a longer piece of wire to it.

That strut bar bolt (if its the same as the R33 one, which I cant see why it isnt) is just a normal 14mm bolt. Get a ratchet, 14mm socket, give it a wack with your hand to get it started, take it off, ground the wire, tighten the bolt up again, and its all done!!

thanks m8. i may do it this weekend. it could be a pain though because the car is lowered i dont think i can get to the underside of the strut bolt without jacking the car up.

Why do you need to get underneith? Just take the nut off up top.

i thought i would have to take the bolt out. i wanted to earth the wire underneath the strut bar because i think it will look shit and stand out if the wire is attached to the top of it?

Just attach another piece of wite to it. Make sure its a good connection with either solder as Rhys said, or with a crimp kit. Crimp the two ends together. I did this to Andrew's (Hoony) car not long ago and it worked well. To give you an idea how easy it is, we did it in about 10-15 minutes in the parking lot of Morley Fast Eddy's at 2:30am on a Thursday night haha

Thanks guys. yeah will be easy as then. i was not going to do this at first, was not sure if i would really feel any difference but if you guys say it works well then why not, seeing as its free and easy.

NISZILA - DID you connect it to the Struct bar of the 34 or To the side piece below ?

near the wire on the right their is a blot aswell you could connect their ! ?

RICCA - yea, I didn't connect it to the strut brace, I connected it to a bolt holding another bracket to the body. Sounds like the one you're describing. Remember, the whole shell is earth, so you can connect it where ever suits you, as long as its against the body of the car.