SAU Community

Need Help! Steering Wheel Locked And Can't Turn Key!

big col

I parked my car and took the keys out, but noticed i hadn't lined up quite right. So without thinking I put the car in reverse to correct it and started turning the steering wheel and it locked up and that's when I remembered "oh yeah no keys"... didn't think of it cause the turbo timer was still counting down so the engine was on. Now the wheel is locked and I can't turn the key in the barrel to unlock it and start the car up again! What the hell can I do?!?

haha first time it has happened to me so I had nfi what to do! I did try turning the wheel again but I was trying to re-centre it and it wouldn't budge... had to turn it the other way in the end.

Now I know better... although the next time it happens I will still look stupid :)

Lol, I did that in my valiant when I was 14. Haha, My mum showed me and I was like "how did you know that???" didn't realise all cars had it,

EDIT: also Ryhs, ftw? "Happened to me when I feet got my car"

lolthread

What's worse is getting in my dad's BA falcoon, driving to the shops, forgetting to put it in Park then wondering WHY THE BLOODY THING WON'T START

"dad, your cars fkd"

"o wait, it's still in Drive" :)