SAU Community

Eoi: Skidpan Day- Feb

EvoMitchy

ey guys

In the process of organising a skidpan day in the brisbane/ gold coast area- most likely Mount Cotton LVMA facilities (large vehicle maneuvering area)

Date to be advised, however will be in the month of Feb

Please express your interest and i will have more details shortly. Here is some footage from an event last year http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoOBrWWFaaI

CHeers,

Mitch

very interested and i have mates that are also very interested probly about 3 or 4 cars. jsut from me!

is it all motorkana sort of stuff or can we jsut have fun and slide? :D

very interested and i have mates that are also very interested probly about 3 or 4 cars. jsut from me!

is it all motorkana sort of stuff or can we jsut have fun and slide? :P

check out the vid mate- slide is fine. Its often the quickest way around each course :(

check out 3:35 on the vid- my best slide of the day hehehe

Edited by EvoMitchy

I would love to come... I have been noise tested at Mt Cotton and passed by 6dB, but on the day, was refused due to my car being a Skyline and they said all I was there for was to "drift"

No amount of explaining helped. No refund was given either.

Not trying to cause trouble, I really want to attend.

Dave

I would love to come... I have been noise tested at Mt Cotton and passed by 6dB, but on the day, was refused due to my car being a Skyline and they said all I was there for was to "drift"

No amount of explaining helped. No refund was given either.

Not trying to cause trouble, I really want to attend.

Dave

no worries Dave- just so you know the LVMA is being hired by a professional driving company that use the Mt Cotton facilities frequently so they are given a fair bit of slack

Also, was your day on the skidpan or LVMA? LVMA is further away from residential property and in a valley- locked off from access once the day begins. I havent seen management come down after it gets started

If this goes ahead PM me pls as I will come along, plus it helps if people don't use 'drift', slide control seems to be acceptable for the crew at Mt Cotton & placates the heretics who live in the area :D

+ a bit of rolled up steel wool carefully placed into the tailpipe can muffle a fair amount of noise whilst still allowing the car to breathe and may keep people under the noise restrictions for the skidpan, the larger floodable area is in Redland Shire so the noise restrictions are diiferent but still below 96db I think

come ON need date and price!

psi put up some gympie skidpan dates. and well i have done skidpan at gympie 3 times already and for a two hour drive hmm i had to limp my car home from one of those events and it wasn't fun. lets jsut say mt cotton would be better!

Saturday 28th Feb @ 830am- 1230pm

At this stage many places have been taken by guys from evo forum- i will have payment details up mid next week. First in first served.

If i get enough interest from this forum i can organise another day in March for those that miss out

more details to come ;)

• 3 weeks later...

one spot left guys- please PM me if you are interested. Most entries are Evo's, with the odd GtiR and 200sx. All cars welcome

LVMA Session Details:

(90 dB noise limit and no "drifting")

Activities: Motorkhana driving challenges

Several timed events are run simultaneously across this large wet area, participants have 2-3 attempts at each, then the group rotates to the next activity.

After 2 hours another 3 tests are setup and the groups rotate to each

Duration: 4 hours (either 8.30 am - 12:30 pm)

Maximum participants: 24

HOW TO CONFIRM YOUR SPOT:

- PM me ASAP to obtain account details

- Transfer $90 to bank account- description is to be your forum username

- Post up so i know who has transfered and crosscheck

- 24 places max. This will be in the order i receive funds into account (not in order of when you post). If funds need to be returned i will PM you for your details.

23 spots are filled- ONE SPOT LEFT!!!! (with a possibility of a second due to family commitments from one entrant)

* PLEASE NOTE:

- If you are ejected from the centre for noise or poor conduct your fee will not be refunded.

- Positions will not be refunded, but can be swapped with other members (ie- if you need to pull out you can sell your spot to someone else)