SAU Community

S2 Rs4 Suspention Dramas

~R33AzzA~

Hey guys, Just wondering if anyone is able to help me out with camber issues for my brothers s2 rs4.

The car is currently running -3.5 at the rear and is quickly scrubbing tyres. Due to needing so much adjustment will I get away with just a camber arm or will this mess up the rear toe? From what I can see the rear toe is not adjustable as it is non hicas so as I said I am to think the toe will be stuffed. I know he will have to run an arm appossed to the camber bushes as there would not be enough adjustment and the arm is cheaper.

Any help is greatly appreciated as Im lost, haha.

Here is a print out of his last alignment as previously posted>>> http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/po...nment-200808291

Mate, the rear toe is adjustable from factory. Depending on where it is currently set, you may not need to get adjustable rear toe arms.

check out this thread...DIY Fitting adjustable rear camber arms

I had similar issues as your bro. I just fitted adjustable camber arms and corrected the toe, using the stock toe arms, to give me good rear camber figures without excessive rear toe!

Good luck.

I used Monsta Performance adjustable arms from E-Bay, cheapest around plus come with 1yr warranty. If you search through all the pictures in the listings for the different suppliers... its pretty easy to tell that about 80% of them use exactly the same arms, they just paint them different colours!

When you go for your alignment, make sure you specify that you want to get as close to -0.5deg camber on the rears whilst still keeping ~0mm toe. They may not be able to give you the full -0.5deg camber (esp when you are starting from such a high neg camber), but it is more important that they don't give you heaps of +ve rear toe.

-1deg camber is still quite acceptable, but you may need to flip your tyres on your rims halfway through their life (only if they are symmetrical tread pattern of course) to get good wear across the tread and good tyre life.