SAU Community

Xforce Varex Muffler

ashneel

ummmmm

anywhose

in regards to ur stainless i find the stainless exhaust sound too tinny. ive got a full mild steel 3.5inch and its so deep in sound i love it... and from wat alot of other ppl used to say so do they...

ur input?

exhaust dosnt sound tinny at all. iv had stainless exhaust before on my R33 and that sounded tiny but so far with the R34 its actually fvery nice and deep also.

funny how all of a sudden u pop up after 100 pm' ben@ bel garage, lincoln russel and my current engine builder all inspected the motor after the 1 and only full power run on the dyno coz they suspected somethin was wrong as it only made 299rwkw on 24psi ( have dynosheet), not sayin straight up u shonked me maybe u got shonked when u built it

anyways u got a pm coz i dont wanna take over this thread as its irrelevant

Edited by 2BNVS

You ran that motor for about 2 years before all of this! I remember you telling me it made over 450rwkw on numerous occasions.

Push the motor 150kw past it's build thresholds, and of course you'll run into problems!

mate i never 1) said it was all ur fault 2) my car has been apart since november 2005 and i have alot of proof about that and 3) my dyno shows 299rwkw at 24psi simple

like i said maybe u didnt know what the builder did coz alot of the shit was internal and obviously u cant just look and see, as alot of things on the spec list were different.

Hrmmmmm... Goes and digs up my emails...

November 2005 you say...

God bless gmail! >_<

"

On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 1:23 PM, ben bona ddio <[email protected]> wrote:

yeh 390 is sweet like its still very drivable for normal driving, very smooth, then its makin 21psi by 3800 and it comes in strong, nut hits 5000 an it just starts frying tires hehe its fun

ben...

To: "ben bona ddio" <[email protected]>

Subject: Re: The engine in your car?

Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 12:20:08 +1000

Ahh sweet - no dramas - I just wasn't sure where it was.

Geezus - 440rwkw - that's insane - that's nearly 800hp at the crank. 390's

still very much up there - How is it to drive like that?

Cheers,

matt

On 5/26/06, ben bona ddio <[email protected]> wrote:

hey mate, hmm i told the finance company, ill gie em another ring just to

make sure though...

we made about 440rwkw then the plenum cracked lol so its fixed now but the

car was pretty un divable just spinning all the time so atm ive got it

tuned

on about 390rwkw on 21psi

ben...

>From: "Matt Lowth" <[email protected]>

>To: "ben bona ddio" <[email protected]>

>Subject: Re: The engine in your car?

>Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 10:59:48 +1000

>

>G'day mate,

>

>Just wondering whether you'd had any luck with the engine yet?

>

>Oh - and have you had your tune finished yet? I'm keen as to see what it

>makes!

>

>Cheers,

>matt"

sorry buddy that was a different motor champ, no need to get smart and try stooge me ok hence the plenum cracked and all those problems were not ur motor i bought if i recal i bought ur motor mid 2005 not may 2006 and in ur original post it said u were making 352rwkw on 16psi

like i said in my pm u were an honest dude and maybe that engine builder stuffed u around

"Firstly -

The Motor has been built and tuned at **** motorsport, and produces a very reliable 320rwkw on pump gas @ 16psi racepace (352kw on Autosalon dyno)."

also

"It made 316rwkw @ 14psi on my motor (RB30DET) and has full boost by about 4000. Obviously a little more laggy on a 25, but still good for a streeter"

"Then on the builders website ( which i wont say) which i recently saw, it says 305rwkw on 16psi"

that was just some old threads of urs

its not like the rods were shot, crank was f**ked etc... it simply looked like it had clearence issues with the pistons bigger than normal gap between the pistons and bores, and the top of the pistons has valve marks... revs were always kept to 7000 ( 500 less than u ran it as we werent sure how it all was as we didnt build it) and the cams clearly werent what were stated. in theory it did have alot of decent parts in it to easily handle alot more, but something just wasnt right with the clearences/machining.

again there not things that u could just look at n see so not sayin u knew. u coulda been told something that wasnt true.

Edited by 2BNVS

And the piece de la resistance! :bunny:

On Tue, Sep 5, 2006 at 10:01 AM, ben bona ddio <[email protected]> wrote:

hehe yeh motor is holding up fine *touch wood* they did just a quick run on 25psi, coz originally the wastegate spring was too tight and they couldnt get it any lower but lucky the trust wastegates u can adjust them manually without needing a new spring. the only thing i would guess that would need attention later on is the rings, but thats not a major job there as it is, as long as the pistons and rods etc seem to hold up and all the major things.

i havent done the magazine feature yet, i might be movin to qld, and my mates up there do like retrims, chroming etc so as soon as im up there i wanna get the rest of the interior trimmed, and get the dash chromed...then ill go for the shoot, im tryin to hurry though so no one beats me lol

ive got 330mm dba4000 slotted breaks all round, but i might change the calipers soon, although its surprising how quick ive stopped before but yeh just for peace of mind ill probs get some bigger ones, only problem is i cant go too big coz then when i drag they wont fit behind the rim... the stock ones are like 2mm away from my 19's that i got now...

once i move to qld though ill need to spend more money coz the temp is obviously higher, so id wanna invest in a thicker radiator, and remote filter oil cooler kit with thermostat, but down here engine temps are fine

ben...

To: "ben bona ddio" <[email protected]>

Subject: Re: The engine in your car?

Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 08:54:55 +1000

Yeah - They were actually the cams out of his GTR... That's why the

motor makes such good power at such low boost.

I've gotta be honest - I'm amazed that it's holding together with that

much power! He certainly built a good motor.

So have you done your magazine feature yet? Or are you waiting till

all the other bits and pieces are done?

Got brakes yet? >_< I imagine it's going to get to some silly speeds

with all that power.

Cheers,

matt

On 9/5/06, ben bona ddio <[email protected]> wrote:

hey mate yep no worries, i believed everything that was told to me so thats

no drama's there. yeh from what i reas all the time benny seems to do these

very often so hes the man for the job so its all good...

car is going good, im in the very final part of it now lol yeh i know its

taken a while, i just been busy and the little shit hasnt been done, but i

got the 3" exhaust on it when it got tuned and made 496rwkw on 20psi, and

ive got a big 4" straight through exhaust goin on in a few weeks and then

ill do another retune on 21psi so that should definatley take us over the

500 mark. its fairly responsive still for the total package it has...

"

496rwkw you say...

Motor is holding up fine you say...

25psi you say...

Notice several references to "benno's" motor within that discussion:)

496whoooooahhh maybe 296 as if a td07s can make 496? and the 500 i obviously meant 300... how can 500 be pretty responsive lol... the reason we thought the rings were stuffed was coz the amount of blow by we were getting, which the engine builders told me it was coz the clearences...i was borrowing a mates gate to work out why we had alot of boost control issues, hence the dynos with the lower boost, the 25psi run was the last run with the trust gate

f**k sake mate like i said im not blaming u so relax it was 4 years ago done done, i got invoices and proof to show my car was apart in November 2005 ( hence my 2006 autosalon apearence with a different motor ( but same turbo)

dunno what the go is with the dates coz i clearly remember that being 1 year earlier... as it lines up perfectly with my motor being removed in November 2nd week if i recall

so relax, i miss typed shit, im not blaming u, im not saying ur a theif, im not asking for anything. just said be careful with engine builders as u dont want ur hard coin going to waste...

Edited by 2BNVS

Ben... First of all you say it didnt make anymore than 296rwkw

Yet you throw threads up like this "its running perfect" and "making 496rwhp"

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/En...ka-t157434.html

Next time if your going to lie, at least make sure you edit your past threads so you dont look like "too" much of a liar.

Thread closed.