SAU Community

Climate Control Issues R33

BLK33T

Hey All,

Wondering if anyone has had the same problem as me.

Every time i start my car (or change the vent settings on my CC) I get a weird clicking sound like something is trying turn but is jammed coming from behind the dash.

The car has also stopped blowing cold air. Which is a pain in the arse with this heat.

Any ideas?

ALSO who in Sydney/Wollongong would be the best to send my car to for something like that.

Planning on selling the car soon so would like to have this issue well and truly fixed before listing it.

yeah I thought that it migh be 2 problems i.e electrical and re-gassing ...

I dropped around a air con/auto sparky who said its probably an electrical problem...

They said they could fix it but because there is little info available about the car (no circuit diagrams etc) that it makes hard to diagnose ... thats why i was wondering if anyone had a similar problem ...

find the clicking, more than likely a motor that controls a flap . one of my cars has it, but that flat doesnt change anything.

some motors you can get to without pulling the dash, so you might get lucky.

yeh its a stripped gear on the motor for one of the flaps

I tried finding a bit more info on it cause it seems like whatever electronically controls these flaps thinks that it hasnt opened them and just keepts trying to open them more till some sort of cut out stops it?

I dunno mine does it whenever i start the car now

sounds like its coming from the centre of the dash up near the demister vents ...

yeh its a stripped gear on the motor for one of the flaps

I tried finding a bit more info on it cause it seems like whatever electronically controls these flaps thinks that it hasnt opened them and just keepts trying to open them more till some sort of cut out stops it?

I dunno mine does it whenever i start the car now

sounds exactly right mine does it whenever i start the car also ... wonder if its worth fixing ... I think i'll get a second opinion on my car ... anyone in Wollongong/ Sydney known to do AC on lines?

just keepts trying to open them more till some sort of cut out stops it?

^^^ wonder if its just an electrical problem not a mechanical one ... hmmm

mine clicks and didnt blow cold air for a while. if u still want the cold air just turn the temp to max the lowest and keep doing it for a minute or so. read up on here to do it and it worked for me. sometime a flap gets stuck to just let in warm air.

it hasnt gotten rid of the clicking sound though. if u have the time id say pull the dash off so u can see everything, start the car, find the part and ask ur air con or sparky bloke for a replacement part. ill have to do it sooner or later too. lol

the clicking sound is the vent flap gear up behind the middle vents, its stripped the gears. Good news? Its a easy fix/part.... Bad news? You have to pull the entire dash out to fix the damn thing... hence why not many people fix it.

The person that works out how to replace it without pulling the dash deserves a freaking medal lol.

(and no I haven't fixed mine either)

The thing that is clicking is called the blend door actuator.

Its a little gear driven vent separator that after time grinds its little plastic stops off and keeps trying to drive past where it should.

Like its been said, its pretty much a dash out job to fix :D Ive heard that unplugging certain cables to the aircon box behind the dash can stop the noise with no adverse effects to the air con, so maybe its worth trying some plugs (one at a time!)??

I have a video of the exact part, so if u get really stuck message me and ill post it on youtube or sumthing :D