SAU Community

Please Confirm - Size/pitch/offset Standard V35 Sedan Rims

dones anyone know the Size/Pitch/Offset for the standard V35 Sedan Rims?

thanks

WTB: 2003/2004 or 2005 Nissan Skyline V35GT Sedan with the 3.5litre V6

Manual 6 Speed Gearbox

Leather pack for the Seats

Factory Sunroof

Factory Bose Stereo System

Silver, Charcoal or either of the Blues in Colour

40-50K Maximum mileage

Xenon Headlights

• 3 months later...

Sorry to dig this thread up, but I'm a NOOB with respect to rims and want to ask what offsets are required for each width for a V35 Skyline Sedan? I am looking to buy some rims and keep getting mixed messages on the offsets that will suit without modification.

FRONT - Max Offset? Min Offset?

8" rims

8.5" rims

9" rims

REAR - Max Offset? Min Offset?

8" rims

8.5" rims

9" rims

9.5" rims

10" rims

So far, I've been told (via various for sale posts and other websites):

FRONT

8" rim = +17 Offset will fit

8" rim = +30 Offset will fit (standard 350z 18" rim offset)

8.5" rim = +23 Offset will fit

8.5" rim = +25 Offset will fit

8.5" rim = +29 Offset will fit

9" rim = +25 Offset will fit

REAR

9.5" rim = +27 Offset will fit

9.5" rim = +29 Offset will fit

9.5" rim = +30 Offset will fit

9.5" rim = +35 Offset will fit

10" rim = +25 Offset will fit

Do you now see why I am confused? Any help will be appreciated.

And, how do you know if rims will clear big brakes? I may upgrade to a big brake kit in future and don't want to limit myself now by buying a rim that doesn't do the job later.

Also, with tyres, under what circumstances would you use 45, 40, 35? Obviously, the larger the diametre of the rim, the thinner the tyre. So, does this mean:

18" rims = 45 tyre?

19" rims = 40 tyre?

20" rims = 35 tyre?

Or am I wrong?

Whilst we are on tyres, can someone now clarify what width tyres fit on:

8" rims = 225 tyre?

8.5" rims = 245 tyre?

9" rims = 265 tyre?

9.5" rims = 275 tyre?

10" = ?

Maybe once someone can answer my NOOB questions, this can be posted as a sticky for all V35 owners as a quick ref guide or something...

Ok firstly, the wheel offset guide I posted above should be your guide as to what fits and what doesn't. I have however managed to achieve a little bit more with slightly more aggresive offsets.

Secondly my advise is based on your car being lowered at least 1" all round. If you are lowered more than that you will more likely be able to squeeze in a lower offset wheel.

8" rims up to +28 before requiring fender roll

8.5" rims +30 no fender roll

9" rims +35 no fender roll

8" rims

8.5" rims +33 no fender roll

9" rims +37 no fender roll; +31 fender roll (245 tires)

9.5" rims +40 no fender roll; +35 fender roll

10" rims +45 or + 50 no fender roll

If in doubt you can use this calculator to work out how much your new wheels will move toward or from your fender.

http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecalculator.asp

Ok moving on to brake clearance. If you are buying Jap wheels, Work, Rays, SSRs etc, they usually state disk type

Normally denoted by A = Standard disk (will clear factory v35 brakes), O = Super low (fine for the rears), R = Hi Disk for BBK or Brembos

If you are planning on upgrading brakes, then it would be in your best interest to buy wheels that have R disk or Hi disk

Check this spec sheet as an example:

http://www.workwheelsusa.com/media/wheels/26/72/VSKF_PDF.pdf (note wheels with super low brake clearance are normally ones with bigger dish)

Finally tire size and profile:

Needs to conform to factory Overall Diameter or else it will throw your speedo out.

Use 245/45/18 as your base spec. + or - 15mm is OK.

Then go to the tyre calculator to work out what you need if you go 17s or 19s

http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecalculator.asp

If you are planning to run big widths and aggresive offsets, you will also need to choose smaller width tyres to avoid scrubbing eg: rears 245 instead of 265

Disclaimer: The above advise is still fairly conservative with regards to offsets. If you want to dump your ride and run -3 degree camber and stretch 225 tires on a 10" rim you can still achieve most of the below offsets. :down:

Hope this helps.

Sorry to dig this thread up, but I'm a NOOB with respect to rims and want to ask what offsets are required for each width for a V35 Skyline Sedan? I am looking to buy some rims and keep getting mixed messages on the offsets that will suit without modification.

8" rims

8.5" rims

9" rims

8" rims

8.5" rims

9" rims

9.5" rims

10" rims

So far, I've been told (via various for sale posts and other websites):

FRONT

8" rim = +17 Offset will fit

8.5" rim = +23 Offset will fit

8.5" rim = +25 Offset will fit

8.5" rim = +29 Offset will fit

9" rim = +25 Offset will fit

REAR

9.5" rim = +27 Offset will fit

9.5" rim = +29 Offset will fit

9.5" rim = +30 Offset will fit

9.5" rim = +35 Offset will fit

10" rim = +25 Offset will fit

Do you now see why I am confused? Any help will be appreciated.

And, how do you know if rims will clear big brakes? I may upgrade to a big brake kit in future and don't want to limit myself now by buying a rim that doesn't do the job later.

Also, with tyres, under what circumstances would you use 45, 40, 35? Obviously, the larger the diametre of the rim, the thinner the tyre. So, does this mean:

18" rims = 45 tyre?

19" rims = 40 tyre?

20" rims = 35 tyre?

Or am I wrong?

Whilst we are on tyres, can someone now clarify what width tyres fit on:

8" rims = 225 tyre?

8.5" rims = 245 tyre?

9" rims = 265 tyre?

9.5" rims = 275 tyre?

10" = ?

Maybe once someone can answer my NOOB questions, this can be posted as a sticky for all V35 owners as a quick ref guide or something...

Excuse my ignorance but I thought the fronts were already rolled from factory? Unless you meant removing the inner fender "protector" things and rolling it further since those plastic fender covers are screwed onto the guard... I'm planning to fit a 9.5" +22 wheel up front with around 1-1.5 degrees negative camber and 225 tyres, do you reckon it's possible without removing the fender covers? I'm almost certain it'll rub at full lock :P

Edited by 350GT-ATE

I think you might be right about the fronts already rolled. I have only rolled my rears.

Going 9.5 at the fronts you will have two problems. Too high an offset the inner rim will hit the suspension. Go lower offset and it will stick outside your guards like dogs balls.

Check out the chart above.

9" at the fronts would be optimal. You really don't need to go any wider at the fronts or you'll have problems steering the damn thing :P

Any info in regards to the coupes?

I've been looking a set of wheels, 10" on the rears and 8.5 or 8" on the front, offset +22 for the 10" ones according to site. Would like that I'd not need to roll my guards.

Cheers!

Any info in regards to the coupes?

I've been looking a set of wheels, 10" on the rears and 8.5 or 8" on the front, offset +22 for the 10" ones according to site. Would like that I'd not need to roll my guards.

Cheers!

Coupe guards and wheel specs are similar to 350z = massive potential!

9.5 +22 F and 10.5 +22 rears not a problem at all.