SAU Community

Drivetrain Help

handyandy28

Hey

I have an r32 coupe that i am currently in the process of putting an rb30det in. I am going to be using an r33 rb25det gearbox. Now a few short questions....

1. What fly wheel should i use (did not get one with the block)?

2. What clutch/pressure plate should i use?

3. The car was auto that is now going to be manual, what drive shaft should i be using?

Cheers for all the help guys!

1. RB20/25/26 should all be fine, don't think there's any difference flywheel wise for push/pull 26 setups.

2. RB20/25 or Rb26 push setup.

3. Custom.. the rear section is the same (obviously) but the front section needs to be shortened slightly and the RB25 yoke welded on. (which means you need to get an R33 GTSt manual tailshaft to cut up).

OR, depending on who does your tailshaft, they might be able to provide one.. the guys that did my tailshaft supplied a brand new 25t yoke, larger diameter tube, new centre bearing and larger, servicable heavy duty uni's.

1. RB20/25/26 should all be fine, don't think there's any difference flywheel wise for push/pull 26 setups.

2. RB20/25 or Rb26 push setup.

3. Custom.. the rear section is the same (obviously) but the front section needs to be shortened slightly and the RB25 yoke welded on. (which means you need to get an R33 GTSt manual tailshaft to cut up).

OR, depending on who does your tailshaft, they might be able to provide one.. the guys that did my tailshaft supplied a brand new 25t yoke, larger diameter tube, new centre bearing and larger, servicable heavy duty uni's.

I Dont mean to hyjack this thread but...

If i had a os giken twin plate clutch & fly wheel out of my sr20 5 speed gearbox, will this pull type clutch work with a rb25det manual 5 speed?

enigine is rb26/30det?

thanks in advance..

• 4 weeks later...