SAU Community

Silver Subaru Wrx Gc8 97 My97 Turbo 2l Awd Manual Sedan

I know its a travesty to see a WRX on a Skyline forum, but - anyone wishing to buy an economical practical car with lots of tuning potential - have a look. I used to be a Skyline owner and certainly don't regret changing to a WRX - even though I still have a soft spot for Skylines too (Yes, I will own an R35 one day!) WRX and Skylines are both awesome cars for different reasons.

Anyway heres the details.

Subaru WRX Sedan Silver 97 Model GC8 MY97.

This car is for sale due to loss of license. (I will have 12 months with 2 points once I get it back in 6 months)

The car has been very well looked after and mechanically in amazingly good condition.

It has recently (May) had a complete engine rebuild with new Mahle FORGED Pistons, rebore and hone, measured and linish crank, timing belt, clutch, bearings, balanced, new head bolts etc. This means it is basically done 10,000ks and engine is as fresh as a new one, and stronger too. I have receipts this cost over $5000 done professionally by someone I know and is ready for a long life and/or big power.

Other WRX's of this era will probably be coming close to requiring money spent on them. This one has already had all the money spent and is ready for years of trouble free motoring /or big power.

The rebuild was done as I had plans to modify the turbo etc, but never got around to it and now since I have 18 months of not wanting to go fast at all I decided to remove any source of temptation..

Car is stock, never been boosted, and had only very minor mods installed (sti exhaust and TMIC) but now back to stock.

186000 Ks and Rego till October.

This car has been garaged and paintwork is in very good condition.

The car is owned outright so feel free to do a revs check. http://www.revs.nsw.gov.au/

The car has a pioneer CD player, and an immobiliser with 'quiktrack' tracking system.

Car location is Kirribilli NSW.

Please email [email protected] to arrange and inspection, generally after 6pm is good and weekends.

Pictures can be found at http://www.carpoint.com.au/used-car/SUBARU....aspx?State=NSW

Edited by Guest
Phone number removed

• 3 weeks later...