SAU Community

R34 10th Anniversary Charity Cruise N Show N Shine

mxfly

How's the progress moving along for the All Japan Day, Kristian?

What's your format?

Hope there's no hail, no earthquakes, no accidents and the sun is shining for you all! ;)

We've pretty much hit max entries (250) with a month to go, so we're doing mighty fine. Basic format is keep it as simple and cheap as possible - the website explains it all. www.alljapanday.com.au

Last year the four horsemen of the apocalypse rode through the night before the event, so we're hoping for sunny skies this year!

At least a set of my wheels will be at the 10th Anniversary thing to represent me in spirit :D

Edited by Iron Chef

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

For those of you attending this month's R34 10th Anniversary Charity Cruise, and Show 'n' Shine; here we are announcing the categories in which it is possible to win an award. :down:

All attendees will have the opportunity to have their vehicle judged. And all attendees will have the opportunity to put in votes for the car they think is best on certain criteria. You will note that as it is a day to commemorate the R34 Skyline, all except a few (otherwise stated) awards will be given to R34 Skylines attending on the day. At this stage, the plan is to conduct voting once we reach the photo shoot location at Mount Wilson.

There are 12 categories, as follows:

1. Best R34 Skyline GT-R
  2. Best R34 Skyline (non GT-R; can be GT, GTt, 4 door, etc)
  3. Best R34 Interior
  4. Best R34 Exterior / Paintwork
  5. Best R34 Engine Bay (judged on workmanship / performance upgrades as well as aesthetics)
  6. Best Wheels on an R34 Skyline
  7. Best ICE / Hi-Fi in an R34 *
  8. Best R32 Skyline
  9. Best R33 Skyline
  10. Best R35 GT-R
  11. Best Non-R32 / R33 / R34 / R35 **
  12. R34 Concourse Award ***

* The In-Car Entertainment / Hi-Fi award is not a sound-off! It will be judged primarily on the quality of workmanship, extensiveness of ICE fitout and the quality of sound produced, NOT raw dB (peak noise output level). Once again we stress that all participants must respect the driving/parking environment that we are in (includes the hearing of members of the public).

** Your favourite attendee's car on the day that is not an R32 or R33 or R34 or "R35", this therefore means it could be a Stagea, S13 / S14 / S15, V35, Z32, Z33 or whatever happens to be there on the day.

*** Obviously Skylines are tuners' cars and it's possible there won't be any completely and utterly 'stock' examples of R34s there on the day, but this award will go to an immaculate, very well looked after R34 that is most likely (but doesn't have to be) very close to original, and epitomises the super happy fun special warm deluxe feeling of R34.

Below are some samples of our certificates to be awarded. Prizes will also be on offer for the lucky winners! :thumbsup: A golden opportunity to boost the re-sale value of your Skyline!!! :thumbsup:

R34GTRAward.png

R34Award.png

Update: We are in the process of having these Award Certificates signed by none other than Mr Mark Skaife!

skaife_m_m.jpg

All the more incentive to have your cars looking extra 'fly' on the day, to win a prize and an autographed certificate by the legend himself!

Finally, please note if you are attending, that the start location has now changed. We are no longer meeting at Homebush. The new start location is at the Sydney International Regatta Centre, Penrith. Check out the post in the NSW > Events section for details.