SAU Community

Inner West Crew Whoretown (toowong/st Lucia/kenmore/indooroopilly And Sometimes Sunnybank?)

funkymonkey

exxy kit though atleast it's a grex one though. Just jap ones are only $400 new

they also suck and leak, on my other 32 i paid for the kit then had to pay another 200 for decent lines = not so cheap anymore :D

they also suck and leak, on my other 32 i paid for the kit then had to pay another 200 for decent lines = not so cheap anymore :D

my trust kit on the 31 leaked

...but that was because I was missing an O ring :D

justjap ones have no thermo and are not as quality as the trust/grex

Yeah you want the thermo in it, otherwise it takes forever to get up to proper operating temp. Not good.

I wanted it lol was looking for one for ages and then I lost my job and found it. Was like dammit!!!! :D

Yeah you want the thermo in it, otherwise it takes forever to get up to proper operating temp. Not good.

I wanted it lol was looking for one for ages and then I lost my job and found it. Was like dammit!!!! :D

I'm not TOO fussed as it's for my track car, so it won't spend much time cold. But I would prefer a thermostat.

I'm not TOO fussed as it's for my track car, so it won't spend much time cold. But I would prefer a thermostat.

Ah yeah, still good to have. Shorter the engine is cold the better.

Oh I want a track car :D

one man mexican wave?

You know it

Quick question, would a leaking water pump keep your radiator coolent level but empty your reservoir?

Leaky radiator cap ?

Quick question, would a leaking water pump keep your radiator coolent level but empty your reservoir?

Could do as when the car cools down it will suck the water in from the reservoir. Fill it up and take the car for a drive and get it hot then have a look to see with the car running if its blowing any bubbles or anything in the reservoir. If it is will be a blown head gasket. Check that the reservoir isn't split been that its plastic as well. Have seen this happen before.

Just some things to look at.

Hope this helps

In a properly working cooling system it will empty your reservoir first, but it would eventually start emptying the main cooling system (radiator) too.

But this is regardless of where the leak is in the system, it could be water pump, hose, just about anything.

Why do you suspect water pump?

In a properly working cooling system it will empty your reservoir first, but it would eventually start emptying the main cooling system (radiator) too.

But this is regardless of where the leak is in the system, it could be water pump, hose, just about anything.

Why do you suspect water pump?

After researching it seems like water pump failure isnt that uncommon. The car has never been overheated before but I've filled the reservoir up 3 or 4 times with coolent since my last service (8000km).

I can see coolent residue on the car when its up on hoist too but never a patch of green stuff when I park.

What I wanna know is how is the system diagram like... what goes where. I might try googling and see if anything comes up.

ps: I'm hoping its the water pump because I'm changing that out this weekend for major service!