SAU Community

Inner West Crew Whoretown (toowong/st Lucia/kenmore/indooroopilly And Sometimes Sunnybank?)

funkymonkey

Baskins was fail.

Also got facebook message from Baskins:

Hey John,

Thanks for your comments though the staff are making shakes according to recipe. I know Racquel worked there the last Thursday and was told off by a guy sitting outside about the thick shake not thick enough and know Racquel makes them to recipe.

We need to look at Thursday's as the other retailors have continued to lobby back to the landlord and we have just been provided with another please explain. We have customers also going to neighboring BR's Thursday night so they can sit some where.

For me, ever since Godzilla conquered the mountain I have been a big fan, though it's now hurting business and it's causing issues with our neighbor retailers, I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks,

Joseph

New Baskins time?

I'm actually rather pissed off at the message, and am waiting until I calm down to reply to it. Fuck knows how much business we have actually given them over the last 18 months, but I'm sure it's an absolute crap load. Even when EFI came along and shat in our cabbage patch we still went their other stores.

I'm going to open the floor up to you lot. Where do we want to move to? Do we want another Ice Cream shop? Or do we want to do Thursday dinners instead from now on? Whatever we do though, it needs to be the same place EVERY WEEK so that we don't lose the appeal of the meet. So no suggestions for McDonalds, because I know Martin doesn't eat it, and I don't want to eat it once a week.

Obviously it needs to be somewhere where there is good parking, and preferably somewhere we can keep an eye on the cars while we sit and chat.

Suggestions from EVERYONE please about what area we should have it in. I don't mind keeping it around the inner west so that it's kind of like a halfway mark for the Ipswich lads.

Anyway... post up what you think.

In other lulz news. I weirded out a P plater on the way home. He pulled up next to me at the lights and said "Sick blow off valve man. Is it a turbo?" Those two things said together, in that order, told me he was a tool so I said "More than you can afford, Pal. Ferrari" and revved my engine. He and his mate boyfriend didn't quite know what to do... so just looked at me thusly: :D

Baskins was fail.

Ahh come on, she was alright. At least she's friendly.

Also got facebook message from Baskins:

New Baskins time?

Dissapoint :(. But it might be time...

I'm actually rather pissed off at the message, and am waiting until I calm down to reply to it. Fuck knows how much business we have actually given them over the last 18 months, but I'm sure it's an absolute crap load. Even when EFI came along and shat in our cabbage patch we still went their other stores.

Yeah no, don't calm down too much. We have bought them a tonne of business over that time, and that message is just rude.

To be fair he probably doesn't REALLY appreciate your thickshake comments all over his facebook page, but that one you complained about last week was rubbish.

I'm going to open the floor up to you lot. Where do we want to move to? Do we want another Ice Cream shop? Or do we want to do Thursday dinners instead from now on? Whatever we do though, it needs to be the same place EVERY WEEK so that we don't lose the appeal of the meet. So no suggestions for McDonalds, because I know Martin doesn't eat it, and I don't want to eat it once a week.

Petrie Tavern? :P

German club? :P

Obviously it needs to be somewhere where there is good parking, and preferably somewhere we can keep an eye on the cars while we sit and chat.

Suggestions from EVERYONE please about what area we should have it in. I don't mind keeping it around the inner west so that it's kind of like a halfway mark for the Ipswich lads.

Yeah happy to keep it in the same general area, wouldn't want to go too much further away though.

In other lulz news. I weirded out a P plater on the way home. He pulled up next to me at the lights and said "Sick blow off valve man. Is it a turbo?" Those two things said together, in that order, told me he was a tool so I said "More than you can afford, Pal. Ferrari" and revved my engine. He and his mate boyfriend didn't quite know what to do... so just looked at me thusly: :D

lol

cbf quoting.

Firstly - PS - I wouldn't mind somewhere that does coffees.

I too decided I shouldn't calm down too much and replied with:

Hi Joseph,

The last thing I want to do is cause any problems between you and the other business, or the landlords. I'm not quite sure what it is they're complaining about, as all we do is sit there as paying customers (of Baskins, the Newsagent/Grocer and even the Restaurant on several occasions).

I don't know who "told Racquel off" last week, I didn't witness any such thing, but please pass on my apologies to her for any offence she may have taken from whoever made the comment.

I didn't realise we'd be hurting the business either. It seems (to us anyway) that more people are walking in these days than when we first started up our meets. Plus, we have so many regular people attending now (and usually wind up with plenty of tag alongs most weeks), that I thought if anything, we'd be bringing you plenty of business. Even the few weeks where we didn't go to Chapel Hill because of the bad crowd that turned up one week, we still made sure to go to your other stores.

I've passed on your concerns to the rest of the group, and have asked them to think about what to do about it and to let me know. I have also asked them to consider a new meeting point, so I'll wait and see what they come back with and let you know.

Thanks for letting me know what was happening.

-John

not a bad reply.

Also epic package delivery, my mountain bike parts are pretty damn epic, these rims are so wide i might need to rock 2.75" tyres rather then the 2.5" i was thinking of running

Bit disappointing about the message.

Wait and see what he comes back with.

As for othe meeting points in the area, the St Lucia shops just near uni wouldn't be a bad place to meet up. Fair few takeaway places there, and a bit of parking. We could probably get regular seating at the Salt and Battery or such.

I will rack my considerable brains tomorrow for other possible places, as I don't forsee a particularily productive day at work.

f**king hell thats such a f**king pissweak email from them!

surely since we have been regulars for so long we would get better treatment - not worse

i kinda read into it like a

"you guys are coming anyway, we dont need to look after you with chairs/service/etc - we are going to save that for the new customers who arent yet regulars"

i say f**k them off, never go back

Bit disappointing from them. I don't know who else would be complaining from the other shops though because the only other place that is open late is the thai place lol. Everywhere else shuts at 8pm.

No idea where else to do it though lol.

Oh and Morning Mangs

Bit disappointing from them. I don't know who else would be complaining from the other shops though because the only other place that is open late is the thai place lol. Everywhere else shuts at 8pm.

No idea where else to do it though lol.

Oh and Morning Mangs

OH HAI!

and yeh agreed!

maybe milton baskins? or are they owned by the same ppl?

mmmm

I too decided I shouldn't calm down too much and replied with:

Decent reply... I would have been harsher, but that probably would not have ended well. Be sure to update when/if he responds.

Also epic package delivery, my mountain bike parts are pretty damn epic, these rims are so wide i might need to rock 2.75" tyres rather then the 2.5" i was thinking of running

:P

Bit disappointing about the message.

Wait and see what he comes back with.

As for othe meeting points in the area, the St Lucia shops just near uni wouldn't be a bad place to meet up. Fair few takeaway places there, and a bit of parking. We could probably get regular seating at the Salt and Battery or such.

I will rack my considerable brains tomorrow for other possible places, as I don't forsee a particularily productive day at work.

Me neither... hope to f*ck off around lunch time.

I'm also trying to think of a suitable location. But nothing is coming to mind yet.

Where do uni chicks go on thursday nights? :D

I gotta say... I'm twice as glad now I didn't buy something else when they were out of peanut butter tonight.

I caved towards the end of the night and got ice cream. I feel bad using their chairs and not buying anything. Wish I didn't now...

f**king hell thats such a f**king pissweak email from them!

surely since we have been regulars for so long we would get better treatment - not worse

i kinda read into it like a

"you guys are coming anyway, we dont need to look after you with chairs/service/etc - we are going to save that for the new customers who arent yet regulars"

i say f**k them off, never go back

I has an idea: Keep going there, keep using their chairs and tables, but don't buy anything. Wonder how they'd like that? :(

Probably them. We steal their chairs sometimes and old mate ALWAYS looks pissed off when he has to drag the garbage past us...

OH HAI!

and yeh agreed!

maybe milton baskins? or are they owned by the same ppl?

mmmm

Yep same people, also that store is fail and parking is fail.

P.S. Morning Mangs!

Hi people.

Why don't we wait for the reply from Joseph first then make a decision??

Because that would be the logical thing to do :( Now is not the time for logic, now is the time to act like spoilt brats we really are :P

winner!

:D

Oh and Martin.

Brembos on eGay

They're only 4 pots but they should be enough for the Alfa. I'm guessing it will be around 1000kg when finished? Should be plenty of brakes for that.

Or man up and get some of these

AP Brakes

Can't find any of the 997 Turbo brakes today though. Weird, there was like 5 sets for sale yesterday :P

Oh and Martin.

Brembos on eGay

They're only 4 pots but they should be enough for the Alfa. I'm guessing it will be around 1000kg when finished? Should be plenty of brakes for that.

mmmm not bad. Little short on info though and looks like he only ships to US.

I will keep an eye on US auctions though.

Yeah under 1000kg is the target weight. Will see if we can actually get there or not...