SAU Community

Where To Retrim Steering Wheel ?

hotchoc

This guy quoted me $240 for a R32 gtst wheel.

Kevin Furgeson

Is this the shop ?

Just Elite Autocraft

Address: 29 Garden Park Dr WANNEROO Western Australia, 6065

Phone:08 94054072

Edited by hotchoc

Must be since the number matches up. I got his number from a boat re trimmer. I only spoke to him over the phone. He needs the wheel for 24 hours, there is only one type of leather. But he is half price to most quotes.

• 4 weeks later...

hi guys

sorry for the late reply, finally managed to get my arse to g m millane and co at east perth

got a quote for 380 for a leather steering retrim regardless of how many colours are there. they also do retrims / fixing for recaro seats and railing, saw heaps of recaro samples there

also asked for a group thingy for the steering but it'll still be 380 per wheel as manual stitching is required for the steering wheels. u'll prob need to leave the car / remove the steering wheel for 24 hrs for them to fix up yr wheel.

speak to angelo, 9325 5175 and yes, they have experience with skylines.

one more note, what colour would you guys go for a retrim? I'm thinking of going all black but come to think about it, it looks too normal. I currently have the r34, series 2 two tone steering wheel (black on the sides , bronze / silver at the top and bottom). any suggestions ?

thing is my interior is grey, interior dash is bronze

will be too colourful with red and black ?

they said it's best to bring the car over for a quote cos it's hard to give a quote without seeing the damage

Considered black Grey Alcantara with contrasting stitching for that "race" ready look? Would look out of place if you didn't already have seats trimmed to match tho.

Edited by mosoto

Considered black Grey Alcantara with contrasting stitching for that "race" ready look? Would look out of place if you didn't already have seats trimmed to match tho.

hey mate any pics of the "Grey Alcantara with contrasting stitching for that "race" ready look" ?

while you're at it dude just do the whole interior haha nah if that's the case (i'm assuming your interior is identical to Leo's and Sunny's being Series 2) just do it the standard colour again

while you're at it dude just do the whole interior haha nah if that's the case (i'm assuming your interior is identical to Leo's and Sunny's being Series 2) just do it the standard colour again

yup leo's colour. so i'm kinda stuck as to where i can go. thinking of all black but i'm not 100% sure at this stage

lol $400 is cheap for retrim.. its all hand done 'machines can't stitch that sh#t'.

i mean its that or buy a new steering wheel which i got quoted $1200 trade 'no airbag included or center'

=P