SAU Community

New Motorsport Complex Or Mike Ranns Hoon Laws

JMW

Do we need a new motorsport complex  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I dunno, I find it hard to assimilate the two.....a guy/gal thats interested in setting their car up to run quick at the quarter is NOT the same person you find in Bunnings car park at Mile End lining up for a cuise. Well at least never has been in my experience. Maybe the latest generation is a different beast :sick:

There is a large gap in between the car set up for the quarter, and the car park posers. In between the two are a wide variety of car enthusiasts (and, admittedly, hoons). You've prob read that alot of us have our cars set up for track work as well as street cruising. The latest generation lands somewhere in the middle of the two groups you mentioned above.

Unfortunately, it appears the govt (Mr Rann in general) ar enot aware of this. We are all hoons of course.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well a good source let me know today that the suposed track re-surfacing of AIR was a load of crap. Seems he managed to do a site inspection of sorts :sick: only to be confronted by weeds growing through the cracks in the tracks surface.

I think we both live near-ish it, let me know if you wanna go do some investigationing.

Thats sad to hear, promise after promise of re-opening has flooded through the ranks to the boards of SAU, and it seems its still a long way from completion. I might garage my Skyline and get it ready for drags so when i have a kid, he can enjoy the AIR re-opening.

Sounds like an idea Damo. My mate said there was no security or anything. Told him to claim squatters rights on the place :sick:

I think we both live near-ish it, let me know if you wanna go do some investigationing.

Thats sad to hear, promise after promise of re-opening has flooded through the ranks to the boards of SAU, and it seems its still a long way from completion. I might garage my Skyline and get it ready for drags so when i have a kid, he can enjoy the AIR re-opening.

Waiting on my mate to send the pics then i'll post them up, shocked the hell out of me seeing the state of the track :)

Crushing cars will be a big mistake.

People who already have disrespect for laws and police are NOT going to learn from their car being crushed. They can still buy a cheap car and do as much damage, this time with a MASSIVE chip on thier shoulder and even bigger disrespect for the police and law.

My 2c with Kent Brockman.

Crushing/confiscating cars....

My concern would be the young hoon running from the cops because he fears his car being taken/crushed (left with a large debt). The hoon slams in to a family killing or seriously injuring them. Its bound to happen. Young males simply don't 'think', having studied child psychology this stupid risk taking behaviour its part of development or more so lack there of.

If a fleeing hoon slammed in to my family on a Sunday afternoon I think I'd take on a personal vendetta to the person who decided confiscating/crushing cars is a good idea.

Clamp the car in their drive way for an extended period of time for all neighbours/friends/family to see or force them to sell it, big fine and loss of license.

Edited by TheRogue

too true Joel.....more incentive to do runners now than ever before = more risk of innocent lives lost.

some big dept heads will roll if more innocent lives are lost as a direct result of fleeing cops to avoid car crushing or confiscation

I would be phcyhed if they built one at Osborne. The AWD project is moving down there to the multi billion dollar Techport development. I could bust drags at lunch-time! Or blow off some steam after work. +1 to drag strip, +1 to Osborne location.

pity about the river, it aint no quick trip down victoria rd anymore, traffic at knock off time is bulsh*t, built the bridge at the wrong end, bloody progress, who wants to buy a house in north haven

Edited by 180or200

pity about the river, it aint no quick trip down victoria rd anymore, traffic at knock off time is bulsh*t, built the bridge at the wrong end, bloody progress, who wants to buy a house in north haven

Is traffic bad on Victoria Road on knockoff? fantastic, I thought Og and portrush to anzac highway absolute FAIL of an intersection was bad. Heard there is alot of speed cameras on vic road and down that way too

I would be phcyhed if they built one at Osborne. The AWD project is moving down there to the multi billion dollar Techport development. I could bust drags at lunch-time! Or blow off some steam after work. +1 to drag strip, +1 to Osborne location.

LOL was warning of doing anything 'hoonish' didnt realise you meant if there was a drag strip down this way.

Well no room for it and too close to housing. All the government owns that land now and has all been assigned to businesses already... its a shame cause my house is stones through from pelican point and we rode our motorbikes out there.

Edited by Minibats