SAU Community

Gtr R34 Mods?

Hi

the other day i went down to a workshop and the owner quoted me it would cost $30,000 to get a stock R34 GTR to 300KW

is this true?

if so

how much would it cost to get it to 370KW?

Wow, come to Sydney - lots cheaper!

Can you please post up what was included in the quote?

To get to 300awkw if you have ceramic turbos, you'll find it doesnt cost that much, especially if you want the extra 70kw later on.

So you'd only be buying parts suited to 370kw (eg, instead of getting injectors for 300, get injectors for 370 and dont run them as hard).

Here's a bit of a list to get you started;

-New fuel pressure regulator (NISMO, Sard)

-New turbos (2860-5's)

-New front pipes, high flow cat, catback exhaust

-New air filter at least (nismo s tune one worked well for me), ARC airbox is even better

-New fuel pump (bosch 044)

-New injectors (700cc's)

-New intercooler (ARC, Nismo, Trust etc)

-New ECU (id strongly advise to get one that uses MAP vs TPS for tuning as its more cost effective compared to buying new AFM's once you max out the stockers)

-New clutch, once your stock one lets go

Thats all i can think of for now. Some people will say to not buy one thing and to buy another, but at the end of the day what you realistically want and will use the car for is what determines the shopping list of parts - also, your budget :D

Hi

the other day i went down to a workshop and the owner quoted me it would cost $30,000 to get a stock R34 GTR to 300KW

is this true?

if so

how much would it cost to get it to 370KW?

I think $9k plus labor gets you to 300kw with some careful parts shopping? and I'm

including a new clutch here.

370kw could be just another few thousand more, however to minimize the risk to

the engine you could spend anywhere from $5k to $15k on opening up the block

and doing various stuff.

So, post the actual quote!

It may have been value for money, without seeing whats included no one here can make an educated comment, we're all just guessing (although, i really do think 30k is too much)

I bought my r34 GTR with 15k in receipts from Advan in Sydney with enough juice to theoretically see upwards 450kw atw (if and when i decide to build the engine to handle it :ph34r:... I thought the price was a little steep but the work was definently top notch..

It came with the power fc, garrett t04z, all earls braided fittings for the oil & water lines, HKS wastegate, 7boost manifold, 750cc injectors, custom cold air intake & tune..

Perhaps you could give them a call to give you a ball park quote then compare that with the quote this other workshop has given you?