SAU Community

Dr30 Window Switches

DR JOSH

Alrighty so I was putting some of my rear trim back in on my DR. When it came to put the side trims in one of the rear power window up/down switches kinda broke in half in an unfixable mess. It now looks real crappy with a hole in the trim where the switch should be.

So I was wondering if anyone has a spare rear switches laying around they want to off load? or if there is another car I could pull one out of that would fit?

Cheers for any help

JOSH

Edited by DR JOSH

yeh i have a few spare...

they should be the same as in an oz spec MR30 Ti model (they usually have 2 tone paint, unlesss white, and have aircon, elec mirrors etc)

the switches break REALLY easily, most of the ones i have seen at the wreckers are broken, but you could get lucky

If you dont want originals, you can get switches from local parts place with the same action, ie up/down with spring return to off. You will have to make a bezel to hold it an make it look neat.

Another good thing about the Narva switches is they come in sizes that "pop" into the standard switch openings in the dash, not only in the R30 but also in the C34.

if didnt care if the rear switches did anything can piss em off and plug the wires together so still works off the main switches on the consol.

what i did anyway cos mostly used on the track (when i can afford it)

Unfortunately, they're not the same as R/MR Ti switches - which is why I still have a hole on one of my rear side trims too...

(I bridged the switch out many years ago after it too, disintegrated.)

You know I forgot that I even needed a new switch for my car until I read this post!

It must be a common thing :D Im missing my rear window switches aswell, I got given some similar ones awhile ago but still havnt bothered putting them in as it doesnt bother me anymore.... not sure what car they were from because they were given to me by my brothers friend.

It must be a common thing :) Im missing my rear window switches aswell, I got given some similar ones awhile ago but still havnt bothered putting them in as it doesnt bother me anymore.... not sure what car they were from because they were given to me by my brothers friend.

Had a C31 Laurel switch in place of one of my rear window switches for a while - those are a direct plug-in but different design so I left it hanging off the trim (untidy, but people hardly ever sit in the back anyway).

I've broken a grand total of three rear switches so far, and yep, they tend to disintegrate into a big mess of plastic and tiny metal pieces :D nowadays if I ever see a R30 at a wrecker's yard it's the first thing I'll check for!