SAU Community

Alice Cruise Tonight

Duncan

Hi All,

Thought I'd post in here because not too much is in the events section.

Anyway, lets get all the Alice Springs skylines together for a cruise tonight, looks like you haven't all been too active lately.

Let me know the time and place.

• 1 month later...

howdy Ben!

nah, my car hasn't made it up here yet, I'm dirivng it up over xmas.

I have seen 2 skylines in town tho, a grey r32 driven by a young lady, and a black r34.

And I sure have noticed your car, it really stands out in a town full of SS commodores! Looks good :(

Yep,

i think the BP in town now has Ultimate,

The ONLY place to go to get your turbo looked at is this place called STREET TORQUE ph: 08 89527755 - Talk to Dallas. neat tidy workshop, and they he does pretty much EVERY single decently modified vehicle. the only place id take my car!!!

Street torque is the place to take it :)

when will you get into alice? you based in adelaide now?? or are YOU in adelaide, but your new skyline is comming up from somewhere? what are you driving now?

sorry for confusion :)

I live in Sydney, working in Alice for 6 months. Currently driving a rental pulsar.

pulsaroffdaclock.jpg

But bringing my r33 up over christmas.

Thx for the workshop details, they look like what I'm after - I don't expect to need any work but just want to check out where to go if there are any problems - its good to see a knowledgable workshop up here.

Just one thing, is that the BP on gap rd, or is there one somewhere else? The car would love a good diet of 98 octane :)

yeah, I think everyone on SAU is in IT. I'm working out at the base until mid feb, we can catch up sometime in the new year.

Whats the story with the drag strip near the airport? is that ever used, or is everyone too busy zooming up and down the highway?

LOL. stuff using the airport, the highways is a good enough drag strip :(

LOL

the "old airport drag strip" is only a 1/8mile anyway :D

ps. nice speedo reading :D ive got one of them sitting around of my magna off the clock too, and the clock is at 240 :| woooooooooooosssshhh!!! lol.

yer, we will have to catch when

a) your car gets to alice

B) when my car gets out of the workshop

c) when i can afford to refuel my car :D

and

d) after christmas cos the cops hate me and i dont like driving when there' around cos they try to nab me for

i) too low

ii) too loud

iii) wheels outside of specification

iv) no rear view mirror

v) momo steering wheel

vi) excessive engine noise (twin throttle bodies ROAR my friend, you will hear it :D)

vii) clear tail lights *rolls eyes*

so as you can see, im a kinda target, hence why you prolly dont see me every day, but for a few days you will see me consectively :cheers: - i hide when i have to LOL

no way! that car attracts attention? :bahaha: Surely it can get faster than 240 tho, is that with all the current mods?

Good tip on BP too ultimate for 1.12/l much cheaper than tthe theives at Kings Canyon who charged 1.27 for standard 91 octane :hellpissed:

As for skylines, I've seen a grey R32 and a black R34. Not much of a collection.

I understand theres a few up in Darwin with all the army ppl - you guys should organise a cruise down, we can meet half way, say Tennant Creek lol.

• 2 weeks later...

hi , just thought id say hello , as ive just purchased my r33 and im driving it back to darwin over xmas as well . guess 1 day we could do a cruise or something , anyway i noticed u were talking about how many cars were in darwin , well im not sure exactly but there is quite a few now . my mate has a rare 4 door r33 gts-t , and mines a r33 gts-t. im looking forward to eating some chook cookers and v8's haaaaa haaaaa. well i'll chat to ya all later

cheers

Ron

• 3 weeks later...